Shave of the day W/C 28/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingerpose said:
Hermit - is that the barley chrome handled ej? If so, any chance of some photos? I am tempted, so tempted but the photos I have seen don't really show up the detail very well.

• oop - missed this one, sorry.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • Yep, the Barley-knurled.
            • Very nice feel and look.
                  • Not as deep as old gillette type knurling, not quite scaly. low-key but a good grip, is what I'd likely describe it as this moment in time (heading out from work, to home, for the weekend).[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I'll try to see if I can get a good shot of it with my cheapie digital camera, sometime this weekend.

Mr mysore, he's indian, that's all I know
Mr Feather + his young son little feather
Mr simpson, or as his friends call him, Chubby
Mr Mitchell, always seems to in a bit of a lather
Mr Alum, you can always rely on him solid as a rock
Lady L'Occitane, she looks divine
Mr L'Occitane, he's pretty smooth always smells great

As you see I had a bit of fun with this shave, hope it brings a smile to your face. :D

Jamie.

untitled2-1.png

That's a good one Pugh!

My shave probably was not as fun but it was very enjoyable all the same:-

Prep:- Hot shower

Music:- Radio 2, Simon Mayo

Soap:- MWF

Brush:- Edwin Jagger Silver Tip Badger

Razor:- Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar

Blade:- Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow

Post shave:- Alum block and Original Source Soothing Balm

1x WTG, 1x ATG 1x XTG

Excellent shave, did my usual trick of overdoing the A/S Balm and now I have a ghostly white face! :lol:

Spent some time deciding which soap or cream to use, but on the "change one thing at a time" principle thought I'd go for the quality product I've used most - the TOBS lemon and lime IanM sent me.

Hot shower, imperial leather foamburst
TOBS lemon and lime, in a hot mug
Vulfix 404 mix
Edwin Jagger DE89, Boots blade (1) - first time with this razor, or indeed any DE other than the £3.77 Boots
Cold water rinse
KoS balm

What a difference. It's much heavier, more solid, and more *convincing* than the Boots job, and felt good doing its work. I can see what people mean about it being mild - brand new blade and zero blood spotting when I ran a TP square over after rinsing, which is definitely a record. I'm getting better at lathering up now, which is nice. This cream followed by this balm also produces a fabulous chilling effect, which was very welcome today.

Apart from a little spot under the corner of my chinbeard, BBS. In terms of the experience, definitely my best shave.

Friday, 06-03-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 28x56 - Gillette Fat Boy - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre La Chinata - La Toja shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado03-06-11001-1.jpg

Friday Evenin':

• - Dokter Henk's bespoke ZebRazor
      - Vie Long 12705 horsehair brush
      - Rainbow Super stainless blade
      - La Toja Manantiales shave soap in wooden bowl
      - Le Tuft's UH's Black & Blues bowl
      - MICAlum stick
      - Humphreys Jasmine witch hazel
      - Floid (Spanish formula) Suave ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

03-06-2011-002.jpg

N_Architect said:
That razor would match perfectly a 'Zebra' brush...

... such as ... (click for bigger pic)

[attachment=0]

... the Dokter Henk bespoke ZeBrush (24mm horsehair knot), part of the "Two Zebras" set by Henk for me (still in final stages I believe).

Attachments

• Spalted Birch Lather Bowl 002 - 03-06-2011 w ZeBrush.jpg
    Spalted Birch Lather Bowl 002 - 03-06-2011 w ZeBrush.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 26
Arrowhead said:
Yeah, but a light box is pretty much essential when nights last for weeks at a time for half the year. Mind you, he probably took that one at midnight. ;)

Cheers Konstantinos and Andy! It actually was in the morning - midnight sun hasn´t arrived yet and it´s only for the pepole up north - here we´re the sissys down south (you guys have a similiar sectioning, I do belive :lol:). Somtimes they still have snow up north this time of year and there´s a moutain where you can go down hill skiing until late June (even though not near as high as the Alps).

Friday, 03/06/2011

Soundtrack: Nick Abbot on LBC 97.3

Prep: Hot bath, Boots Number 7 Face Scrub, Baxter's of California Face Wash.

Cream / Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street

Razor / Blade: Merkur Progress, / Feather

Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth

Post: Cold water rinse, Boots Witch Hazel, Clinique Post Shave Healer, Holland & Barrett 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel.

Comments:
I've been using my Progress combined with the feather blades for two weeks now, and I have to say that each shave is superb, I'm glad that after eight months of DE shaving I have finally got my 'baseline' rotation. Even the awkward areas that I could never quite reach or get smooth with the Merkur HD or the Tech are coming up sublime.

For an extra smooth finish, I do my three passes with the Progress (1st WTG at setting #1, second XTG at setting #3, third XTG at setting #5) and then finish off with a fourth pass, XTG at setting # 9 on the Gillette adjustable.

Wow, what a result that gives, and with either the Mama Bear Unscented, Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera Soap or the TOBS Jermyn Street cream, all for sensitive skin combined with my post shave products, I've had no irritation for perhaps the last three months.

I'll still experiment with new products, of course. Really want to try some 'Lucky Tiger'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom