Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Men U Brush
MWF 'travel nugget'
Some 2 blade thing
Alum
Thayers
NAtural Limes Balm

result: a truly sub par shave... no irritation, but not smooth at all. thank god I am back home now!!

Hot shower
New Forest T2
TOBS lemon and lime, bowl-lathered
Gillette Slim-twist (first use - by me, that is)
Boots blade (1)
KoS balm

Very enjoyable - not least the knowledge I'm shaving with a razor older than myself (not something I've done before, but something I intend to do quite a bit more of). Lather was absolutely magnificent - now I have a better idea of how much water to add when, and probably now that the T2's breaking in, it is really exploding off the brush, thick and slick and hot and glorious.

Razor felt a little more aggressive than the EJ but probably easier than the Boots - I'll need to retry it at some point and see how it now feels. I love the twist action loading - both the others I've used are three-piece and this is much cunninger.

Three passes plus (fairly extensive on the neck) touchups, one very minor weeper, huge air-conditioner effect from the KoS balm, billiard-ball smooth. Need to track down the perfect blade angle on this, but still, highly satisfactory.

Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
NF Tubby 1
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum
St James Mandarin & Patchouli gel balm
St James Cedarwood & Clary sage.

Very enjoyable shave, picked up three St James products from T K Max, Eau de cologne, shaving cream and gel balm, bargain price, good stuff, two pass shave with minor clean up, second shave with the feather blade, feels good, will I dare take to a third shave? Started restoring two Kropp razors over the last few days, binned the scales, got them looking very good after many hours hand polishing and buffing, then disaster I dropped one on the floor and it cracked, well I dont like to dwell on these things, but I was seriously pissed of!

Jamie

007.jpg

Wednesday

SSSHHHHHH !!!! Don't tell anyone

Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn Soap
Beaufort B1
Tech Ball End
Feather (day 3)
Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorn

Why does something wrong (Ogallala) feel even better ?

Feather still fine on day three just required 2 passes, WTG & XTG.

Wednesday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Tulip 2
Razor: Filarmonica DT 13
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
002800x560.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s M type Schick adjustable injector/Personna Super Stainless(NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS

Nice change of pace shave this morning using the adjustable injector perfectly dialed in. Very different kinda feel when compared to using a DE razor...this is more like wiping the whiskers away, due in part to the very stiff injector blade.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday

Merkur 38C
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Nivea Cool Kick asb

Same as yesterday apart from the blade.

Ian

Muhle R41/ Yellow 7 O'Clock
Shavemac
Valobra stick

The first shave from this 7 o'clock was not great. Well, functional, but not very smooth feeling. These blades really seem at their best 2 or 3 shaves in for some reason.

Wednesday, 06-15-11. MUSIC: Graham Parker & The Rumor_LP_You can't be too strong.

57080097.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Iridium Super #1 - Pre PREP - TOBS Jermyn Street shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Jermyn Street.

Afeitado15-06-11.jpg

6-14.jpg

I bought several pots of the old Coates. It's as good as ever! Lime today.
I'm finding the Merkur just a little too close. Just a touch of soreness despite virtually no pressure. Back to the EJ Chatsworth soon.
Body Shop balm and red personna blade, plus a NF prototype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom