Shave of the day W/C 11/06/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jueves
Santa Maria La Novella crema/Morris and Forndran brocha/Edwin Jagger DE87 con Treet Classic/The Body Shop Maca Root Balsamo
P1160997.jpg

Thursday

GFT Limes cream
EJ Pure Badger brush
49p Cappuccino mug

Gillette SS flaretip 1966
Treet Super

GFT Coral Skinfood.

Really nice shave and no nicks. Haven't used this razor in weeks (since getting my new EJ and a birth razor); really good shave - think this may be my favourite razor!!

Tried the GFT extract of west indian limes cologne this evening. True to 'net reviews, it was undetectable even at half-inch range from the application points 90 minutes on. Shame, it's nice while it lasts.

Tonight's shave:

Hot shower
New Forest T2
TOBS lemon and lime
Gillette Slim-twist
Boots blade (3)
GFT limes skin food

Lather extremely satisfactory, shave not bad - but not, all in all, as good as the EJ, at least so far. Maybe my blade angles are lacking, perhaps the razor suits me less well, perhaps I'm still feeling the aftermath of yesterday's slightly rough shave. Today's was still a better shave than any in my first couple of weeks, I think.

Friday morning:

Long shower with 1805 bath soap

T+H 1805 cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
T+H 1805 balm
T+H 1805 cologne

Nice, just one slightly sore spot on the chin, over zealous blade buffing is the culprit.

Fresh and tasty, I'll probably pull at work without realising it. :p

EJ DE89
Feather (3)
Vulfix Bodger
GFT Coconut Oil Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorns
GFT West Indian Limes Cologne

Nice head and face shave. Short day at work then off for beer, 20/20 cricket and beer, and then more beer. If the crickets rained off then, well I suppose, it will be beer time.

Friday 17th June

Martin de Candre - Vintage Rooney pure badger - Gillette Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3) - La Toja AS

The brush is a bit scritchy but not too bad.

Thursday PM

Two parcels in the post today! Another Rolls, and got the straight back from Neil so was keen to give it a whirl.

Pre: Nivea face scrub
Cyril R Slater straight
Provence Sante
Brush now shedding a few more hairs, might be time for an upgrade
L'oreal ASB

Very good shave, I haven't used this straight in a year or more and it has reminded me why I loved it so much. I've still got the skill and think I got a quicker shave from this that I do with the Rolls with great results on a single pass. A tiny nick, that I didn't even feel but was bleeding a little on the left of my neck (I always struggle here probably because I'm right-handed) but otherwise a fantastic shave.

After using the L'oreal a few times now, I do have to say it is very good and compliments the PS soap nicely. Being almost unscented it would probably work well with a splash or Cologne.

Friday

Razor: Ch. Monternier et Fils, Montpellier 'Verdun' 7/8(post WWI?)
Brush: Simpsons Rover (fave handle)
Soft soap: IK (very creamy)
A/S balm: Avène (nice but expensive)

65u8o0.jpg

Friday

Feather Midnight Wood AC RG, Light blade :D :D
Durance brush
Vitos shave cream
Floid Suave locion
YSL Kouros (old formulation)
:cool:

Back in Athens for a week, and what a surprise shave that was...
Two easy and smooth passes with the Feather Artist Club, the brush making an excellent face lather with the Vitos.
Really impressed with the Feather and realizing how sharp are Neil's edges...

Friday:

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Semogue 830
D R Harris Almond soap
Histoires de Perfum 1969 (Revolte) EDT . . . smells like rhubarb to me, in a nice way.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Schick Super Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Penhaligons 'Blenheim Bouquet' cologne

Second great shave with this NOS blade. Man, I'd like to find more of these things.

BBS results,

Martin

Muhle R41/ Yellow 7 O'Clock (3)
Shavemac Silvertip
Speik soap stick (first use)
Trumpers Coral Skin Food

The Speik is wonderful. RIch, thick, easily lathered, slick, nice post shave skin feel. The scent is a bit industrial, but nicer than ARKO or Palmolive. A bit spicy maybe. It may grow on me and become enjoyable. Overall, another excellent tallow based European stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom