Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday:

Ever Ready 1912
GEM blade
New Forest chunky tortoiseshell
Nanny's Sandalwood soap (sample)
Bulldog asb

I rarely use the Ever Ready as I've previously found it a bit unwieldy, with a tendency to bite.

Knowing how highly rated they are, I decided it must be my technique at fault, so gave it another shot today: I took it carefully, performing two passes, and apart from a couple of weepers early on, I was rewarded with a mighty fine shave :)

Anthony Logistics preshave oil, Dovo Black Star 5/8, Vulfix Lime SC + Martin de Candre unscented, Alum, Mennen Green Tonic

P6173754.jpg

Friday, 06-17-11. MUSIC: Genesis_LP_Nursery Crime (1971).

genesis-nursery-cryme.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Polsilver #1 - Pre Myrsol emulsión - TOBS avocadoshaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado17-06-11003-1.jpg

Hot shower
GFT limes cream, face lathered
New Forest T2
Gillette Slimtwist
Boots blade (4)
GFT limes skin food

Oh my. After inserting the fingernail-worth of the cream sample into the heart of the brush, made the impulse decision to try face lathering for the first time (other than with the Palmolive stick on holiday, which is a rather different process - soap on the face not in the brush, and all). Liked it very much. Got very good quality lather, *just* enough in the brush for the fourth half-pass on the neck, really nice - and given how little cream I used, a very good result. Went back to the more conservative strategy on the neck-based ATG (two passes each at 45 degrees), very comfortable. As close to a perfect shave as I've had, and one of the quicker ones at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom