Thursday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henk silvertip in oak handle
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: Al´s Custom
AS: TOBS original
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
This blade is fantastic! Maybe a bit unforgiving, but boy does she shave well!! :D
013800x567.jpg

Thought I'd ring the changes again.

Back to the EJ Chatsworth/ red personna, Arko stuffed in my mini casserole dish - works well. and NF Finest Silvertip.
Hoping that rain holds off from the Rose Bowl today. Some hope! Might take the motorcycle for a visit on Monday to see the last day ( for those unaware it's England v Sri Lanka, cricket 3rd Test - first ever at Southampton, close to the New Forest )

6-15.jpg

Thursday
Mühle R89
Personna (6) *
NF 2211
Coates Tea tree and Rosemary Cream
GFT Coral Skin Food
GFT Moisturiser

Just 2 passes with maybe a touch up. Nice Shave
* I noticed when I started DE staving I would think the blades passed their best after 3/4 shaves. More recently I've noticed I can get 6/7 from these blades.

Thursday 16th June

Provence Santé - SOC two-band badger - Gillette Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2) - Agua Lavanda Puig/Proraso Post

Think I applied a bit too much pressure today and ended up with a little irritation around my jaw line. Mixing a bit of Proraso Pre/Post cream with the aftershave helped sort it though.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Schick Super Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadron' EdT

Tried a new to me blade this morning.......definitely one of the best I've ever used. Easily as sharp and smooth as the Iridium I like so much. Whew........what a rush. Heh, the bad news is I only have two of these blades.

BBS results,

Martin

Hot water on my chops
Men U boar brush
Fatboy on 4
Permasharp (old gold packet design but made by P&G) - fresh blade
Bluebeard's Revenge cream (almost finished my first jar of cream after DE shaving with several for over two years)
Alum block

Quite a nice shave. In this razor on this setting it was smoother than closer; I've used a Permasharp in my Merkur 38R and it left me a bit more sore but closer shave.

I do seem to find that in Fatboy all but the sharpest blades tend to tug as they cut my whiskers. Maybe I need to leave the shaving cream on a bit longer (30 seconds at the moment)

Thursday, 06-16-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Iridium Super #2 - Pre PREP - Woods of Windsor vintage shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL English Leather.

Afeitado16-06-11006.jpg

Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette Super Thin
New Forest Finest Silvertip
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum
L'Occitane Bavx EDT
L'Occitane Bavx Balm

Beautiful shave, two pass shave minor clean up everything just fell into place. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect

Jamie

0024.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Merkur 38C
Derby Extra
Bluebeard's Revenge Privateer
Real Shaving Co Cream
Alum
Trumper Lime Skin Food
Prof Blighty Coconut

About a 7 out of 10. Couple of little weepers and some minor irritation.

I did notice that the Real Shaving Co Cream, whilst it lathers up a treat, lacks something when compared with the Trumper cream. Probably not enough to justify the price difference mind, but I can notice a difference.

Jamie

Razor:Veiga 7/8 Maxterpiece
Strop: Pressed wool+latigo (25/50)
Brush:VieLong 16726
lather:Martin de Candre unscented + Erasmic glycerin SS
AS: La Toja extrasensitive ASB
EdT:Parfums de Nicolai, Cedrat cologne
Comments:How was the shave? excellent, close, comfortable. I have play with the best: Martin de Candre and Vielong have done their best in a great lather. For the finish the La Toja balm and the fresh citrus scent of the Nicolai cedrat.
Picture:
P6163752.jpg

Thursday Evening:

• - Eclipse Red Ring razor
      - Lion Super stainless blade
      - Fuller Brush (Canada) with Heavenhorse 19ml horsehair knot brush
      - J M Fraser's Oriental Spice shave cream
      - MICAlum stick
      - Urban Hermit's Spiced® witch hazel
      • º EOs in Thayers' Unscented WH[/list:u]
        - Booster's Oriental Spice ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

~ ... even having gone through the badly-aging process, and missing a tooth (proves it's a Brit, eh?), the Eclipse make a heckuva grand shaver.
        ~ Two day's growth of stubble devoured by the Lion in two passes, and a bit of polishing below the jawline.
        ~ The refurbed vintage brush is a treat to use - thanks again beejay for the amazing results.
        ~ Fraser's/Booster's products are fabulous as well.
        ~ The weak link in the chain tonight, is my blend of 'spicy' EO's added to the Thayers'... better luck with the next batch - eh, wot!

SotD16-06-2011-002.png

Thursday morning

Prep: How shower

2 days growth

Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Merkur blade (the one that came with the razor originally - decided to give it a try)
Soap: Taylor's of Old Bond Street sandalwood soap

Shaved 1x WTG, 1x XTG, 1x ATG, touched up small areas.

Nivea sensitive after-shave balm.

Result: Quite good shave, although some minor irritation on the neck area - probably not a good idea going ATG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom