Shave of the day W/C 11/06/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday (PM)

Rolls Razor
Provence Sante
The now famous trusty Kent but of unknown hair origin brush!
L'oreal for men ASB (Bargain half price from Waitrose)

Good shave, no irritation this morning, however quite a few weepers last night, but the shave is very close - closest yet with the Rolls.

The L'oreal has done a fine job, skin was still quite smooth this morning, topped up with Bulldog moisturiser. A very acceptable Fred Flintstone shadow this morning but still very smooth...

Tuesday 14th June

Provence Santé - SOC two-band badger - Wilkinson "Sticky" - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3) - La Toja AS - 444 AS balm - Penhaligon's 1870 EdT

The three recent acquisitions from Vintage Scent have all proved to be very capable. The brush is fantastic, the AS very good and the balm works well when mixed with an aftershave splash.

Tuesday:

TOBS lavender cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green SS (3)
Ogalalla limes and peppercorns

No surprises. Good stuff. Someone please stock Ogalalla in the UK before mine runs out!

Monday

Merkur 38C
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Bulldog asb

Tuesday

Merkur 38C
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Soap
Nivea Cool Kick asb

Been bowl latering again, and it's Rick's fault. Fancied a change from the Bulldog asb and the Nivea seemed appropriate.

Fourth shave with the Feather - One too many, but acceptable.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger (flopmeister)
1958 Executive/Bleue Extra
AOS lemon SC
Barbershop Bay Run AS

Third and final time using this Gillette Bleue. Another nice shave, but I prefer a little sharper blade as it turns out.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday, 06-14-11. MUSIC: Graham Parker & The Rumor_LP_You can't be too strong.

57080097.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Shark Super Stainless #2 - Pre Jasön - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Floïd Suave.

Afeitado14-06-11.jpg

Muhle R41
Shavemac
Valobra stick
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm

The soapy/vanilla scent of the Valobra is a delight in summer, as is the non-greasy Nivea balm. Great shave.

Tuesday

Mama Bears Creme Brulee
Milk Churn
Tech Ball End
Feather
Myrsol Emulsion
Czech & Speake No88

Small nick off the Feather, due to a moments lapse in concentration, but I like the Feather's sharpness. I love the smell of No88.

Tuesday

2 days growth on the beard to cut...

Prep: Hot shower

Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Brush: Edwin Jagger Black Badger
Blade: Persona (4th shave) - last one with this but it still managed to give a great shave. These blades are on my favourites so far (along with Astra's), they do give a really nice close shave that isn't too savage.
Soap: ToOBS Sandalwood in a bowl (getting the hang of lathering this up now, although do prefer creams)
Postshave: Nivea balm for sensitive skin

Shave: 1 WTG, 2 XTG, 1 ATG (only to touch up areas like moustache/under jawline)

Really liking these Persona blades, probably a combination of improving my technique (constant angle of the blade, better lathering). Only 1 very small weeper underneath the jawline, reall smooth shave - it's 7.20pm now and my face is still nicely smooth with only a hint of stubble coming through.

Felt really good today - nice to take time over some 'manly' activities, listening to the Today program on the radio, taking time to shave....

Tuesday Evening:

• - bespoke shave set by Le Tuft, the Urban Hermit's Black & Blues
    - Rainbow Super stainless blade
    - Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shave cream
    - MICAlum stick
    - Humphreys with Jasmine witch hazel
    - Floid (Spanish) Genuine Suave
    - Floid Genuine ASB[/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom