No piccie tonight.

Sunday

5/8 J Gleave & Sons Hollow Ground
Scottish Fine Soap Gentleman's Shaving Soap
Kent BK4
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra-Energetic PS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS Cologne

IanM said:
I bowl-lathered the Ingram, something that I have not done for a number of months.

I would have put a sizable sum on this happening, but none of my local bookies have cameras in your bathroom.

Post-Grand-Prix shave:

Hot shower
New Forest Tubby 2
TOBS Lemon and lime, bowl lathered
EJ DE89, boots blade (4)
KoS balm

Oh my. Again mountains of glorious lather, extremely satisfying and lovely applied hot to my face. Again working on blade angle and concentrating more and more on skin stretching - or at least holding. For the first time in my life, I had a shave that was borderline-acceptable after just two passes - none ATG - something never even close to happening with a cartridge. The eventual ATG pass was uneventful cleanup.

I'm finding myself doing this last pass almost entirely left-handed, because it's to the left - the others I do with whichever hand's on that side. It seems hard to reach around to hold with the left while shaving leftwards with the right - not surprisingly.

Another hugely enjoyable shave :).

Sunday, 06-12-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25X53 - Sckick Krona - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Art of Shaving Sandalwood - Alumbre - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food - ASL Spark.

Afeitado12-06-11.jpg

EJ DE89
Derby
Vulfix Bodger
RSC Cream
One planet Balm
Black Suede EDT

Havent used a much maligned derby for ages so was strangely looking forward to it! Not a bad shave at all.

Monday:

Bog standard setup, no surprises.

TOBS lavender cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green SS (2)
Lashings of TOBS bay rum

Great shave, quick, clean and smooth, no messing.

Monday 13th June

Provence Santé - SOC two-band badger - Wilkinson "Sticky" - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow - TOBS Eton College AS - 444 AS balm - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet AS

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom by Bill w Simpson knot
Razor: Mappin & Webb, Trustworthy
Soap: La Toja
AS: Proraso
Result: Very, very clean :D
Two days stubble lawned down by this English brute :D. I also did a full shave on our boy (he has learned to use a DE and I´ve done touch ups before, but this was the first full cut throat shave :D). Now we´re two very happy campers about our shaves.
003800x473.jpg

Mysore Sandalwood soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette super thin blade
simpsons Chubby 2
Barbus Herba cream
Alum
TOBS Sandalwood balm + Propolis
TOBS Sandalwood Eau de colgne

Perfect start to the day, a refreshing smoooooooth and delighful shave, keep those straight razor photo's comming, I think i'm turning to the darkside looking at those beautiful straights ;)

Jamie.

JM-br-2.jpg

2utrodj.jpg

Shave cream: Institut Karité (Mmmmmm!)
Brush: 1950s Strong Set 'Set in Rubber' (new head from Vulfix)
Razor: 1920s Robgab 'L'Incassable' (i.e. 'The Unbreakable' with aluminium scales)
A/S balm: Nuxe
Strop: Neil Miller linen and buffalo (luv it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom