Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

Wednesday AM 2020-11-11
Veterans Day
Op6y8s7.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/WRH7 Ti
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave
qvdkT1N.jpg

Last night's shave...
IMG_20201110_200004.jpg

Carbon CX 316L
Gillette Silver Blue
AP Shave Co 2BED
Declaration Grooming Nightman
Reuzel aftershave

It's never a good idea to use more than one new product per shave and the shave that followed proved that point.

I started loading the soap direct from the tub and it didn't take long to overload the brush. The soap went like a thick paste extremely quickly. The soap needed a lot of water and I added too much too quickly ("typical me, typical me"). The lather was still usable but lesson learnt for next time.

The scent, from the tub wasn't great and wasn't very strong either. All I could get was lemon. However once lathered the scent really development into a lovely dark Oud*. If you are usually put off by the mere mention of Oud, don't be, this isn't the 'barnyard' type. I really liked it.
I can't give my thoughts on the performance of the soap as I buggered up** the lather.

The brush was okay but I prefer more backbone. The feel of the fibres were very good though, very authentic.
I think a bigger knot and longer handle would improve things.

Having tried the SynBad, Cashmere, 2BED and Silksmoke. The SynBad is by far my favourite.
I'll give the other brushes another go but I can see them going on BST sooner rather than later.

*I think it's Oud anyway?
**Technical terminology

Laters chaps!
Stay safe.
Cheers
Rob

11 November 2020 - PM - post-cycling shave

On a whim bought a Yaqui "Beast" razor - don't know why.
Anyway gave it a go, 2 1/2 passes and a bit of a bloodbath later - actually a very good close shave. But a bit of a nightmare round the chin and neck. Otherwise a very close shave without much effort. Good job I'm quite skilled at managing nicks and cuts, couple of hours later it looked all quite normal. I think the Stirling ASB is quite good in this situation, with the witchhazel ingredient. Not sure I'll use the razor regularly . . . except if you don't next time there'll again be nicks and cuts . . .

Prep: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Yaqui "Beast"
Blade: BIC Chromium
Soap: Erasmic Cream
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum –Stirling Coconut & Lime ASB

Capture3.JPG

SOTD : 12th November 2020.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : Kent luxury Shaving Soap.

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (2)

Razor: Weishi/Yintal 9306-I.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave....I had all intentions of finishing my shaving week off with the Baili BD 'a closed 'tech type head' Chinese clone, but decided to use the Weishi/yintal 9306-I instead. Like all my other Chinese clone razors that have been passed on to me this week it performance was acceptable pairing together with the Rapira SS wonderfully on it's last use resulting in a DFS/Near BBS 3 Pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report....What more can i ask for?.

I have never been on a obsessional shaving quest to get a 'PERFECT BBS SHAVE' each time i shave i personally find it pointless to cause unnecessary risk of nicks & irritation to my face or head as 6-8 hours later no matter the aggression of the razor & blade duo or shaving method my face or head feels like sandpaper again...However, this is something that i don't mind because i look forward to my next shave....I get great enjoyment from this traditional wet shaving hobby.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom