Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

Morning shavers!
Prep= warm shower followed by Proraso pre shave.
Razor= Rockwell 6s R3
Blade= Gillette 7o clock yellow #5
Brush= Semogue Badger HD
Soap= Proraso sandlewood
ASB= none
AS= none
Moisturiser =Kiehl's Facial Fuel
3 pass shave resulting in BBS. Seemed to have tamed the blade by using a milder razor gap/ exposure. My collection of soaps ( 5 )is going to take some time to reduce. I apologise for the monotony of my postings.

Fri 13th On the Road SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade PearlMax Super Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Nice soap with mild pleasant scent and good creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with this blade is continuing to be a revelation! Sharp but really smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes for a mostly BBS result. Previous use of this slant with a 2nd use feather was not as good nor efficient. Excellent shave today!
Rare rating of 10/10!
20201113_072208.jpg
20201113_184659.jpg

13/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Pre: Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Lotion, Gucci Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport
7. Fri Wk46a.png
A new blade fitted today giving a very smooth close shave.
Mam still doing better than could be expected, things are looking up.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All

Fri 13th November
Omega. 11126 boar
Achy Brito Mongoose
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline ( 8 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

This new to me soap lathers very easily and works well with this Razor/Blade combo. The Claymore is quite hefty but provided that you use it with the lightest of touch, it delivers a really close all round finish.

82291E91-62F9-47CE-A8FF-E02F5B447A04.jpeg

Last edited:
5qXebWg.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: La Toja
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Planitum Royal (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol Plastic Shave Splash
Scent:Musgo Real Spiced Citrus EdC

An Iberian-inspired shave.
I've only tried La Toja soap a couple of times previously, having used it in stick form whilst traveling. My experiences were not that favourable.
However, after reading that it was a favourite of many, I grated a stick into a jar and gave it a second chance using a comination of bowl and face lathering. A huge difference. Very easy to lather, and voluminous quantities of thick polar-white lather. I did get a little skin irritation towards the end of the three pass shave, which may be due to La Toja's trademark "Con Sales Minerales". I'll give it another go soon to test this out.

This particular SOTD carried the theme 'My evil big brother'

IMG_20201110_192719.jpg

Cruella DE Vil - Ikon SE
Freddy Krueger - Kai Captain
Gru - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Skeletor - Czech and Speake O&C
Nurse Ratched - Hermes Concentre Eau D'Orange Verte

Just what do you do when you make one of the most angry DE razors on the planet in the Ikon Tek? Simple, you make it bigger.

With my continuing quest for all things SE while retaining a fandom for Ikon DE's, it was always going to be that the Ikon SE would be on the books. Thank you to 'TSR team enabler' said razor found its way to my doorstep via the BST.

Mmmm? Looks kind of vaguely familiar

Somewhere within the premises of Ikon there is a darkened corner and a closed door with a worn round handle and bearing the letters 'R&D' upon it. In this case an abbreviation for 'Razors & Dismemberment'. Behind the door at a battered old wooden desk sits a pale skinned hunched figure with glaring bloodshot eyes and masses of unkempt hair. Dirty gnarled hands with yellowed long nails scribble away on scraps of paper to be tossed in to the air joining the knee deep carpet of previous research activity. Scribbled hastily are words such as 'Slash, slash, cut, rip', 'More blade, more blade' and 'Blood, dismember, skinned'. Occasionally one of the pieces of scrap paper emerges from under the door where it is passed on to production. An evil laugh resounds from the room and the sound of frantic scribbling continues.

It appears to me that the sole intention of Ikon is to make the most aggressive evil shaving tools which could pass across ones face. They are exercises in designing a razor which looks perfectly viable, then remove metal to expose maximum blade stopping at the point where it stops being a razor and more a blade on the end of a metal stick. The B1 and Tek make an R41 look like a child's toy which should be painted pink and embossed with the word 'Barbie' on the handle.

But, here is the big but. They just happen to be (or so I think) some of the most capable and close shaving implements one could ever wish for once you have got your head around how to use them and the fact you may require A&E at some point. Get this far and they are exceptionally smooth if one exercises the necessary care and attention. As one should with anything which sports fucking sharp edges.

This SE to me, is what equates to being a Tek on amphetamines. When a member described the Tek as being a 'murderers tool', then the SE should be brought to trial in the Hague for mass genocide.

Started with my usual favourite, tried and tested blade for trialing a new razor, the Kai Captain . Plus I do like the name for some strange reason. Firstly something to shave with and this time around Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge applied with the Cadman 30mm Tuxedo. A great brush but if honesty speakes (stupid pun intended) it has been left somewhat behind by the Smoke grey and Cashmere knots. Whoever said they are a little springy is not far from wrong in my mind and it does tend to clog more than both the others which are a little more generous in delivery. Job done though and razor at the ready.

I have used this term before with the Tek and once again I shall use the expletive......Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (The Bloodhound Gang anyone?)

Straight away flashing red warning lights and that little nudge to take more care. I wasn't quite expecting this. Immediately drawing similarities to its viscous little brother. Easing off a bit things starts to come in to focus and facial fluff is throwing up the white flag quicker than I can imagine. One all over single pass and there isn't much reason to try another two as it has just delivered one incredibly close and amazingly smooth shave. But being the clown shoes I am, then why not? go for it. You only live once, even if there was a good wager this was going to be that once. Again care exercised and nothing really to note in the way of detrimental facial damage bar a few weepers, more due to not exercising enough of that care thing. Yup this is good. A quick splash of Witch Hazel and a spray of Hermes and 'fuck shit' this is a clue that things had may be exceeded sensibility. More from the pages of that great novel, nonsense and non-sensibility.

Still, extremely happy with the end result being incredibly close and a real face stroker. More to check that there is still some skin in there. Enjoyable in a twisted sense, but I can live with that. Conclusion is that I am more than happy for the Ikon SE to share the cabinet even if all the other razors are cowering at the back.

'Once in a while the Ikon R&D are allowed out for lunch'

Have a great weekend all you people who have managed to get this far (all one of you probably) and be well, be safe and be....shaved. I leave you with those charming ladies 'Band Maid'

Back
Top Bottom