Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

Williams Wed 11th November

Muhle Silvertip "A" 21mm
Wiliams Mug Soap
Alu.General + S/S Handle
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Glad that I went with the Williams today as it really delivered a most excellent lather. It really seemed to make the Shave go well,and i reckon it was probably one of the best Shaves that I have had with this combo. I did not use this Razor for some time until I paired it up with this handle , and have on a number of occasions considered passing it on. After today I will put that idea on hold for a while.

IMG_1169.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - Sweyn Forkbeard Vanilla and Tobacco
Brush - Razorock Bruce
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Personna Red (3)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with GFT Skin Food (Sandalwood)

A two and half pass shave. I swear these blades aren't as good as I remember them. A comfortable SAS shave. Rushed as I was hoping to catch the postman before someone else in the house did.

Midweek Shave

Razor: Yates Precision 921-HYB
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-band finest 24mm
Soap: A&E Kaizen (sample)
AS&EdT: Yves Rocher hoggar
sotd_127.jpg

Wed 11th On the Road SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blade Feather 2nd
Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Nice soap with good bayrum scent and reasonably slick too.
Shave with razor paired with blade feels so smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes. Absolutely no tugging at all. Cuts very well atg. However the result was only between bbs to dfs and only noticed some creepers/irritation much later. Over shaved...hahahaha
Rating 9/10
20201111_080056.jpg

11/11/20
Armistice Day shave
1481487299622.jpg

Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes 26mm silvertip
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Ever Ready HFT Natural Angle
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Lotion, Gucci Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport
5. Wed Wk46.JPG
A wonderful slick Lather, Shave was So Close, So smooth & So Comfortable, smiling ear to ear.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
mcD5uJX.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Stirling Varen
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; APR les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Splash
Scent: Caron Yatagan EdT

I was entigued by the Stirling shaving soap Varen, so thought I'd give it a shot. Varen is Dutch for fern, and the soap was developed by Stirling for a Dutch wetshaving Forum. Wow - it certainly has presence! It is a deep, dark fougère scent, with lashings of oakmoss, but just enough green notes to prevent it being gloomy. I really like it. The performance from the soap was excellent, as I've come to expect from Stirling.
I paired the aftershave and EdT to match the soap scent, and they blended together in splendid fashion.

Back
Top Bottom