Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

Tue 10th SOTD Testing New Blade!
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum - Good 1st impression!
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish Splash
Excellent soap with awesome scent, creamily thick and slick lather. My no 1!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was suprisingly good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes with a very close most bbs result. The post & especially aftershave was awesome as well. Long lasting sweet pipe scent. Would have been perfect shave except noticed some creepers later. Rating 9.8/10
20201109_205733.jpg
20201110_082227.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Trad shave co Silvertip
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Personna Red (2)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with GFT Skin Food (Sandalwood)

Too much lather for my brush today. Tabac is so efficient at lathering. The blade didn't seem to be cutting as well this morning on the first pass. However after almost three passes a great smooth shave.

IMG_8201.jpg

10/11/20
Tabac Tuesday
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Tabac
Razor: 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Edge by: Ulrik
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
4. Tues Wk46.JPG
See that :rolleyes:
Fantastic combination, just about the closest, comfortable shave i have had with a Straight razor.
1481487299622.jpg
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

What is the Hants Wool Fat like? The ingredients for it looks pretty good, it has the @pjgh holy trinity of Tallow, Lanolin & Glycerine. How is the scent profile as well? Is it strong or mild?
The Hants Wool Fat performance is very good no dissipation or drying out issues when applied to the face..Scent profile is Patchouli.Cedarwood,especially the Patchouli. which is quite strong and lingers inbetween each pass & beyond.

Tues 19th November

The Grosvenor- 404 mixed
P & B Citra Royale
Schick "O" Clone
Schick S/S Twin -Japan [ 14 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Another easy Shave today as again used a Razor fitted with a Twin Blade. This " O" May well be a Clone but it really delivers the smoothest of Shaves, and one has no problems getting the closest of finishes. No one seems to know where these were made, maybe China or even Japan?.

IMG_1168.jpg

The Hants Wool Fat performance is very good no dissipation or drying out issues when applied to the face..Scent profile is Patchouli.Cedarwood,especially the Patchouli. which is quite strong and lingers inbetween each pass & beyond.

Cheers for the info PFox, sounds like a good soap but if the scent profile is strong I will give it a miss as anything with even half a scent seems to make my face burn! Thanks though.

Cheers for the info PFox, sounds like a good soap but if the scent profile is strong I will give it a miss as anything with even half a scent seems to make my face burn! Thanks though.
I consider myself fortunate that all the soaps & creams i have tried haven't had a adverse reaction to my skin....It must be the essential oils in the soap recipes that make your face look like a 'Baboon's Arse':mad:

Tuesday AM 2020-11-10
National Sesame Street Day
z6NmM1C.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Carbon Damascus/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

This apparently is a later version of the Soap Commander Love. Its scent is just as fresh and 'true rose' as the earlier one in the larger tub, but not quite as sweet, and its lather seems to be just slightly thinner.
39Ir2nP.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Otto Fromm 50 Redhead Solingen Full Hollow 8/8th (Freshly Honed)
Fitchard Pure Badger
Le Pere Lucien Savon du Barbier Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Wonderful Shave with My NOS Otto Fromm 50 Redhead Solingen Barbers Notch that Arrived this Morning from Germany..Its a Full 8/8th Not Including the Spine..Its a Huge Heavy Weighted Blade for a Full Hollow..Its a Rare Big Chopper that Came Shave Ready & Finished on a 20k Suehiro Gokumyo Stone..
;)

The Seller Didn't Advertise it as NOS Due to Fact that it had Been Honed..But I Contacted Him & he Confirmed it was Factory Fresh when he Honed it..He has Put a Superb Edge on it..I Like the Smooth Edge..I Didn't Find it that Much Different to a 12 K Super Stone..Beautiful Close Shaver Mind..I Am Still Gobsmacked at the Nick of this Razor..Its Certainly the Pride of My Collection..Wunderbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy..
:chores016:

Last edited:

Ooh! This sounds like something right up my street! Thanks for the heads-up above @donnie_arko

EDIT: Yoink! Bagged one! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom