Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

Date:- 12 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Thursday, 12 November 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: T&H Sandalwood
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2, 1.5)
Blade Astra Platinum (6)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None—work day
Almost exclusively worked with men for the last 35 years and have always used aftershave or cologne before going to work either days or nights shifts, sometimes you get compliments or a few want to shag you!

Thu 12th On the road SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment DE la Vie
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Pearlmax Platinum 1st
Aftershave Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent soap with good scent and performance. Creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Sharp enough, smooth and comfortable with no tugging nor skipping for 3passes without issues. Rating 9.5/10
20201112_145905.jpg
20201112_145851.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - GFT Eucris
Brush - New Forest Silvertip
Razor - ESC Outlaw on MÜHLE handle
Blade - Personna Red (4)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with moisturiser

I used the head off the outlaw razor this morning. A new acquisition that still needs to blend in and not be an obvious new (although used) purchase. The handle would be noticed. My usual two and half pass shave. ESC claim this razor to be a one or two pass shave. On the first use, it's no more efficient than my Merkur 34. Is a forth use blade, I'll reserve proper judgement with a new blade next week.

IMG_8203.jpg

End of buying phase…top buys SOTD

During this last year I've acquired all the shaving stuff I've had my eye on for a while plus some things I didn't expect to obtain but I'm definitely easing off now. I've been pretty lucky in that everything has proved to be a really good addition to the den, but to mark the end of this buying phase, I decided to have a shave with the things that I have been most pleased with. So, this morning's shave:
  • Pre-shave face soak with a hot waffle towel - these are fantastic things that I started to use a few months ago
  • Pre-shave wash with Ach Brito Glyce lime soap - No change there…it's been my favourite for a long time!
  • TFS Vecchia Torino shaving soap - more of a croap, incredibly nice ‘vintage/classic' scent and excellent performance
  • PAA Atomic Rocket synthetic brush - I could just spend a few hours stroking my face with this…not even for a shave!
  • EJDE89 Rose Gold razor - recently acquired and the usual EJ brilliance but there's something about the weighting of this one that is just perfect…especially nice when partnered with a Gillette Nacet blade
  • Vecchia Torino AS - Again that fantastic olde-style scent and marvellous post-shave face-feel
  • Vecchia Torino Aqua Di Colonia - What else, when it keeps the vintage fragrance going?

DSC_2157.JPG

These were difficult choices when considering soaps like Signature Coria and Danum, Ach Brito Mogno and TGS Abysso; brushes like the PAA Green Ray and Peregrino, and Yaqi Sagrada Famila and Dandelion; and razors like the the Leaf and Merkur 34G. But in the end the Vecchia Torino kept leaping out at me for the fragrance, the performance and even the presentation/design. I just keep wanting to shave with this stuff, and considering that a 400ml tub of the cream is only around £20, and the AS is relatively inexpensive for a 200ml bottle…it suddenly seemed quite an obvious choice.*

*Greybeard is in no way associated with the makers of any of the products mentioned in this post and has so much shaving stuff he will probably never buy any of these things again!

Have a great weekend all;):)(y)

12/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette 7o'C Black (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
6. Thurs Wk46 (5).JPG

A nice enough shave today but my heart wasn't in it.
My dear old mother had a fall earlier in the week and fractured some ribs, she is a tough girl but ended up in hospital for Observation, anyway a load of tests later they found some other issues, she then went on to test positive for Covid, we have been so careful to avoid this, on top of that my oldest sister has also tested positive and she is also quite vulnerable.
I am as sick as a dog.
I will be popping in to keep my sanity levels on an even keel, however, my SOTD's may be missing or short for the next few days or so.
STAY SAFE ALL and enjoy your day.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

My dear old mother had a fall earlier in the week and fractured some ribs, she is a tough girl but ended up in hospital for Observation, anyway a load of tests later they found some other issues, she then went on to test positive for Covid, we have been so careful to avoid this, on top of that my oldest sister has also tested positive and she is also quite vulnerable.
I am as sick as a dog.
I will be popping in to keep my sanity levels on an even keel, however, my SOTD's may be missing or short for the next few days or so.
Thinking of you and your family Tony. Hope it all ends up ok.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

I am as sick as a dog.

Take care Tony

Back
Top Bottom