Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette 7o'C Black (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 61111

A nice enough shave today but my heart wasn't in it.
My dear old mother had a fall earlier in the week and fractured some ribs, she is a tough girl but ended up in hospital for Observation, anyway a load of tests later they found some other issues, she then went on to test positive for Covid, we have been so careful to avoid this, on top of that my oldest sister has also tested positive and she is also quite vulnerable.
I am as sick as a dog.
I will be popping in to keep my sanity levels on an even keel, however, my SOTD's may be missing or short for the next few days or so.
STAY SAFE ALL and enjoy your day.

Just hope all settles down for you and your family and everything turns for the better.

Apologies there for somehow managing to include my next 'Work in progress' SOTD

Last edited:
12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

My dear old mother had a fall earlier in the week and fractured some ribs, she is a tough girl but ended up in hospital for Observation, anyway a load of tests later they found some other issues, she then went on to test positive for Covid, we have been so careful to avoid this, on top of that my oldest sister has also tested positive and she is also quite vulnerable.
I am as sick as a dog.
I will be popping in to keep my sanity levels on an even keel, however, my SOTD's may be missing or short for the next few days or so.
Thinking of you and your family mate...Though i hate to say it your mother is in the best place....Before this covid madness the NHS nurses & porters etc and care home workers didn't get a second thought from the general public or our government.....At least the vast majority of the NHS & care home staff don't do to pay the bills the vast majority of them are dedicated & caring...RANT OVER! Family comes before anything mate, you don't have to justify to us that you may miss a few postings from you in the next few days. Stay strong & focused my friend, and don't ponder on things..
Yours. Barry

Last edited:
I decided to have a shave with the things that I have been most pleased with.
  • EJDE89 Rose Gold razor - recently acquired and the usual EJ brilliance but there's something about the weighting of this one that is just perfect…especially nice when partnered with a Gillette Nacet blade
These were difficult choices when considering ... and razors like the the Leaf and Merkur 34G.
Investing to read you choose the DE89, albeit the gold version over the others, including the leaf, which I'd almost pulled the trigger on this week. I ended up get the ES Outlaw after someone sold a set on eBay for a good price.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110

I am as sick as a dog.

Wow, you certainly have a lot to content with in your family at the moment. It sounds like a worrying time for you.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

I am as sick as a dog.
Hope all works out for the best.A Shave might be a way of chilling out.
Mike B

Sotd-12-11-20.jpg

Today -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Yaqi Slant
blade - Nacet (2)
soap - Proraso Sandalo
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two band
post - witch hazel
a/s - RR Santa Maria del Fiore
balm - none
scent - Gotas Frescas Hombre.

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water - be afraid - be very afraid - cue - the sound of a shark playing the cello. I'm just not going to be able to leave this razor alone until I feel I've got the better of it - I suspect strongly I know who is going to win though. Not me. As per the first use - a nerve jangling experience - paying complete attention with every stroke. The nagging sense that something very bad may happen at any point. The experience of shaving with it feels about as safe as poking a black mamba - with a short stick - while it is trying to watch the final of 'Bake Off' - why a highly aggressive venomous snake should be watching a cookery show - I'm not sure - maybe because they don't have hands - and can't make their own Foccacia? I must write to Sir David Attenborough - he'll know. Sorry - I digress - got away with it again - no damage - and another remarkably close and comfortable shave resulted. Job done. I think we need to alert psychiatric medicine to a new issue - PTSD - that is - post-traumatic slant disorder. Enjoy your shaves - one and all - I.

Oh - I don't remember Proraso soap being this good before - the super-formula - seems a massive step up - do you think it is entirely coincidental that the company now have control of Valobra's recipe books? I wonder.

Last edited:
Thursday 12th November

ACtC-3foGBEnoWpZI66wI7d208Tye7oDfv7r8f26vowbXGvFFll_hEvBeaMNTmy_52aqBcaWccWtSbLHB-30N1whAWDEvNR_vkOhvIAMuXaWYkSpKTgcizgwAbX4WkVVowxCMuazyhf3lS5c9Xl6en-YV8gWsQ=w800

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 Gothic Revival & RazoRock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Single pass shave with Gillette Goodwill & VOSKHOD (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & alum wash
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave​

Yet another really superb addition to Wickham's already excellent line-up! What a lovely, modern twist on the classic Eucris scent - very similar just not "dusty". Dracula when he was alive?

Thanks Everyone for your thoughts,
Well the old girl is out of bed and sitting chatting, apparently quite cheery, she has also ate something today. I don't know how she does it.
Anyway as Barry @Palmolive fox said she is in the best place. Mrs TC works in the same hospital, so she can keep me informed.
My sister is aching and has some muscle & rib issues from a tickley cough, however, it has not moved deep into her chest. We all have our finger's crossed.

Thursday AM 2020-11-12
Global Handwashing Day
SsRbem7.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops Rose Essence Oil/Hydrosol
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

The Rose Essence mixture added a nice fragrance to the old shaving soap. I also used Ethos Grooming First Lather before lathering and a couple drops of Ethos Remede rubbed into my skin before applying the aftershave. A lot of 'stuff,' which together made for a great shave.
wcnFLhn.jpg

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

I am as sick as a dog.
Stay safe Tony. Sorry to hear about your family , my thoughts are with you all.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

I am as sick as a dog.

Best wishes to all.

12/11/20
View attachment 61110
View attachment 61111

I am as sick as a dog.
Fingers crossed that everything will be ok

Back
Top Bottom