Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D92FFE84-CC49-492D-8E22-A98CAA3BF7F1.jpeg

SOTD: 07/11/2021

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Dscosmetics Shaving Bowl
Prep: shower and Baxter’s of California face scrub
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave all round. This is a great combo of lime, bergamot and tobacco among others. It’s starts of medium mild in the tub but lathers to a solid medium high. Lather is slick and quick just like my previous A&E soaps and the aftershave a delight. Goes into my top 5 and I’m hoping yesterdays Apricity was just the boar brush sucking up the lather rather than k2e base.
The Hone is my happy Sunday place shave, enjoy whats left of the weekend guys.

Sotd 07/11

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap and splash: Master soap creations frosted lavender
Alum bloc
Balm : arko unscented
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: homelike shaving BAIKAL plate 2
Blade : astra sp green 2nd use

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning and used the BAIKAL again i used plate 2 this time and no cuts or nicks and a close shave but a lot of blade feel will swap the astra and put a nacet in for the next one.
Once again the soap from master soap creations was top notch and the frosted lavender was really good nice and cold and nice strong scent all in a good shave
20211107_104428.jpg
20211107_104441.jpg20211107_104452.jpg20211107_104605.jpg20211107_104647.jpg20211107_104750.jpg20211107_105111.jpg20211107_105130.jpg20211107_105518.jpg20211107_110923.jpg

Sotd 07/11

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap and splash: Master soap creations frosted lavender
Alum bloc
Balm : arko unscented
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: homelike shaving BAIKAL plate 2
Blade : astra sp green 2nd use

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning and used the BAIKAL again i used plate 2 this time and no cuts or nicks and a close shave but a lot of blade feel will swap the astra and put a nacet in for the next one.
Once again the soap from master soap creations was top notch and the frosted lavender was really good nice and cold and nice strong scent all in a good shave
View attachment 79650
View attachment 79649View attachment 79648View attachment 79647View attachment 79646View attachment 79645View attachment 79644View attachment 79643View attachment 79642View attachment 79641
That's a monster of a base plate on the Baikal. Is the razor heavy?

Nov. 6, 2021
53Dz361.jpg

Whipped out the MDC today - Fougere. After seeing the conversations about matching shave aftercare - I also grabbed two of the mentions - brut original aftershave, and D.R. Harris Arlington aftershave milk.

No fuss shave with Muhle R41 GT - my first use of a titanium razor. In hand it feels like a plastic toy - literally! Still keeps the blade feel and everything else similar to my R41 GS - albeit I believe the GS one is a tiny bit smoother - could be due to weight or me being more used to heavy razors. 93 number for 1993 birth year - great. Shaves great - so definitely a keeper. I really like the amount of blade feel the R41 have.

Lathered up with ease with the wolf whiskers brush. Maggards knot in there is great! Personally I wish it was set slightly deeper to get a tiny bit more backbone, but other than that it's awesome! Rather have less backbone than too much.

Plenty of luxurious lather appeared on the brush - slick yet quite thick. 3 Passes for BBS everywhere but the trouble spot. I stopped attempting at BBS in that place - since whenever I do, I always end up with irritation or weepers.

Scent wise... I feel like both brut and arlington are more of complimenting scents rather than being very similar. I find the MDC fougere quite green, with fern and cologne like scents there - albeit once lathered the scent isn't that strong at all to my nose (maybe top layer lost some scent by now? - I don't use it often ). The arlington aftershave feels quite similar yet different at the same time - I find it to compliment the MDC nicely, however the difference there is the citrus. According to the description - it's got orange, lemon, lime and fern in it. The fern is quite prominent, lime and lemon tend to be used in colognes more often than orange - so I guess the orange and probably amounts of lime and lemon add this additional citrus layer on top of the fern - which otherwise I feel like it would be very similar to MDC.

If you're looking into aftershave - the Arlington definitely would be a good choice. It isn't exactly the same as MDC fougere, yet it feels like an extension of it - carries on the scent similarity yet adds additional twist on top.

@Crossan

20211107_110310.jpg
SOTD 7th Nov
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - B&M Reserve Lavender
Razor - Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Super Shave X #3
Post - Barts Balm Grapefruit &Pink Pepper
The Rockwell is simply a brilliant stubble reducing tool. Its efficient, smooth and comfortable to use. No drama, no bells or whistles - actually boringly brilliant.
With a cast of the quality used here, 2 passes led to a DFS finish. An excellent shave.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Nov. 6, 2021
53Dz361.jpg

Whipped out the MDC today - Fougere. After seeing the conversations about matching shave aftercare - I also grabbed two of the mentions - brut original aftershave, and D.R. Harris Arlington aftershave milk.

No fuss shave with Muhle R41 GT - my first use of a titanium razor. In hand it feels like a plastic toy - literally! Still keeps the blade feel and everything else similar to my R41 GS - albeit I believe the GS one is a tiny bit smoother - could be due to weight or me being more used to heavy razors. 93 number for 1993 birth year - great. Shaves great - so definitely a keeper. I really like the amount of blade feel the R41 have.

Lathered up with ease with the wolf whiskers brush. Maggards knot in there is great! Personally I wish it was set slightly deeper to get a tiny bit more backbone, but other than that it's awesome! Rather have less backbone than too much.

Plenty of luxurious lather appeared on the brush - slick yet quite thick. 3 Passes for BBS everywhere but the trouble spot. I stopped attempting at BBS in that place - since whenever I do, I always end up with irritation or weepers.

Scent wise... I feel like both brut and arlington are more of complimenting scents rather than being very similar. I find the MDC fougere quite green, with fern and cologne like scents there - albeit once lathered the scent isn't that strong at all to my nose (maybe top layer lost some scent by now? - I don't use it often ). The arlington aftershave feels quite similar yet different at the same time - I find it to compliment the MDC nicely, however the difference there is the citrus. According to the description - it's got orange, lemon, lime and fern in it. The fern is quite prominent, lime and lemon tend to be used in colognes more often than orange - so I guess the orange and probably amounts of lime and lemon add this additional citrus layer on top of the fern - which otherwise I feel like it would be very similar to MDC.

If you're looking into aftershave - the Arlington definitely would be a good choice. It isn't exactly the same as MDC fougere, yet it feels like an extension of it - carries on the scent similarity yet adds additional twist on top.

@Crossan
Fingers crossed the straight up Aftershave works just as well. I've haven't got it on order just yet but as soon as my current shipments land I'll get it on the books. Cheers for doing the tester, much appreciated!

254152895_311029830548901_8117363944934756147_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Sweet as! I'm amazed how my taste in scent (so to speak!) has evolved since I went down the rabbit hole. I'd never have envisaged such a flowery soap, topped off with rose ASL , being such a firm favourite :love:

T3LWxFd.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Mikes Hungarian Lavender
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Lavande violette Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Pour un Homme de Caron EdT

The Mergress on setting 2 proved the sweet spot for the GBE blade.

View attachment 79655
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Sweet as! I'm amazed how my taste in scent (so to speak!) has evolved since I went down the rabbit hole. I'd never have envisaged such a flowery soap, topped off with rose ASL , being such a firm favourite :love:
A bargain Emporium purchase if I recall correctly

Grooming Classic Film GIF by FilmStruck

Sotd-07-11-21.png
Thursday, Friday and today -

razor - Blackland Vector (on loan)
blade - Proshave (14 and out)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - D.R Harris Arlington
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive
scent - various - Essence Vault 381 (T'dH) today.

A final shave with the Vector before sterilising and packing up for return. I would like to offer my thanks to @Paul L for very generously allowing me to hang onto the razor for an extended period - 34 consecutive uses - allowing me to appreciate it over many shaves and not just a few. I found it to be pretty much faultless - concept, design, construction, finishing and the way it shaves. Very easy to get to grips with and super-comfortable from the off. If I had to think of anything negative to say - it would be that I was never 100% relaxed using it - being in perpetual fear of dropping the thing as the screw thread that connects the handle to the head (blade holder is probably more accurate) looks fragile - it probably isn't, but I wasn't about to find out with someone else's razor. Bottom line - one of the very best razors I have used. Thanks again P. - luego - I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom