Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, 6 November

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

Today’s SOTD was a fine, three-pass shave with my standard Saturday setup, including the traditional Astra. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

RH93CPT.png
CG Everyday Brass Razor Anchor Handle
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
Vintage Mohawk new 22mm Silvertip
Vintage Colgate Shaving Mug Soap
Pitralon Classic Aftershave Splash​

20211106_115000.jpg
SOTD 6th Nov
Brush - Razorock Monster 26mm Plissoft
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast
Razor - FrankenStar
Blade - Lord Platinum #1
Post - Nivea balm
Been a while since I've shaved in work, but usual smooth result with the FrankenStar and really impressed with performance of WSP soap - very slick and easy to lather with a pleasant subtle scent.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

20211106_154854.jpg

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Yaqi Pinacolada Chillers
Brush: Yaqi Tailcoat 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Yaqi Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
A/S: Yaqi Pinacolada Chillers..Menthol!
Balm: Cien Aftershave Balm

Yaqi have finally got this adjustable razor right. The settings are correct, the numbers read the way they should and it gives a decent shave. The Pinacolada Chillers soap from Yaqi has a great tropical scent and just a nice amount of menthol to give a lovely cooling feel on the face during the shave. The splash on the other hand is just mental menthol! Smells as good as the soap, but for me, there's too much. I dont enjoy my nose running and eyes streaming after a shave. However, it calmed down after 15 minutes and the post shave face feel is great.
It's good that they sell the samples of their soaps and splashes to let you try them out.​

Last night's shave with theme 'Oh no wrong bloody week again!'

20211105_192040.jpg

We need a shave of the month - Claymore Evolution
Oh bloody no - Feather Proguard
Not this again - Muhle ivory
Mmmmmmmph - Menrock Scicilian Lime

This shave belonged to last week's SOTD so why make an entry in to this week's?

Easy. It is dedicated to @TobyC so that last week's SOTD doesn't appear at the top of the list and hence preventing him making an accidental (?) entry followed by cursing us all.

I saved the hassle

Many thanks to @mpf9ret for sending me 2 Feather Proguard blades as he swore they made even more sense of the Evo. And once again he was 100% correct (as per usual). Again a no hassle fit for my technically incorrect Claymore being as it appears to be a duff because every blade to date has slipped straight in. None of these proficient superior versions which don't suit anything here.

Buttery smooth all the way and a superb finish to top everything off.

Grin factor warp 10 all the way

And as a present to Toby I give you the 'Pantyhose' girls and some song or other which I don't have a clue what it is called but always make me happy

jWszV2P.jpg

Despite having one gifted to me by an uncle years ago that is the first year of production & first ¼ I could not resist this D 2 (1958) one in an antique store earlier this year for a few $$ as it is in mint condition. The Gillette "Flare Tip" Super-Speed. Superb one pass DFS. One would be hard pressed to tell between it and a new Gillette blade. I've been around long enough to remember when Derby blades were considered among the best available. :whistle:

Ariana & Evans Uno soap (pre-Kaizen)
RR 400 brush
Fine Clubhouse AS
Derby blade circa 2013 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom