Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

Yeah..An Auld Bootneck..I Do Indeed have Memories of Dartmoor..Not So Fond Mind..I Spent Two Months in Okehampton in Dartmoor which was an Old Prisoner of War Camp During the 2nd World War..The Training Team Tortured Us there During Training & Deprived Us of Sleep to Break Us Down..Its a Hostile Environment for Sure.. (y)

Billy
I'm familiar with that awful Okehampton camp. Spent a fair amount of time there as a cadet. Still amazes me that I left the place with my anal virginity intact!

04/11/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: 6/8 Carl Schlieper "Eye Brand"
Edge by: @Jamie Pugh
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

5. Wed.JPG
An easy 2 pass shave routine leaving me BBS and comfortable, the Carl Schlieper is a lovely razor to use living up to the "High Class" tag on the blade.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day.
1481487299622.jpg
@Fergiebilly thank you for your service, i have a few friends who were down there and spent a few hard nights taking Mt Longdon.

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2020-11-04
ZHCgXPG.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Ethos Succe`s shaving soft soap
Personna BBS-0
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (12)
Ethos Succe`s splash
Ethos Succe`s EdP (sample)

The Ethos Succe`s software is great. It's really a very thick cream. The lather is wonderful, and the scent has rapidly become a favorite. The Personna razor gave me an almost-BBS shave, even with a blade at the end of its life. Its angle of attack was about the same as that of the BBS-1. The Personna probably would have been better with a handle larger and heavier than its tiny and extremely lightweight (9.3mm/75mm, 12 g) handle. I'll try it again in a couple days with a P74 Tungsten blade and with the LASSC handle on it, after using the LASSC BBS-1 tomorrow. A quick look at the two razors together shows their similarity in design. (I'll post photos tomorrow.)
QaiBg4B.jpg

Wednesday 4th November

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla ASL

For little over £4 , Ach Brito Mogno soap is excellent value. @Greybeard
Scent, lather and post shave are all top drawer.
Using it like a shave stick ensures enough is used, but I wouldn't mind grating it in to a dish, (I saw a nice one in a local charity shop at the weekend, and I'm kicking myself for not buying it now).

Good evening gentlemen.

Brush- ES Medium Jock
Soap- EC Egyptian Oudh
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R3)
Blade- Astra SP #2
Post- Alum Block
Balm- Barts Rosemary and Sandalwood

A good effort this evening, my only minor gripe being that the lather was on the thin side for the second pass, probably my fault but it still performed excellently.

Stay safe for the next month of fun and games gents.

For little over £4 , Ach Brito Mogno soap is excellent value. @Greybeard
Scent, lather and post shave are all top drawer.
Using it like a shave stick ensures enough is used, but I wouldn't mind grating it in to a dish, (I saw a nice one in a local charity shop at the weekend, and I'm kicking myself for not buying it now).
Glad you got some of the Mogno soap Paul(y) I'm awaiting a tube of the shaving cream now...much more expensive though and I had to order it from a place in Spain (Valencia):unsure:

Back
Top Bottom