Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

Signature Soaps 'Coria' (Rose Geranium and Lavender)

View attachment 60890

After seeking suggestions from the forum on a new soap to put in a recently empty pewter bowl, I settled on Signature Soaps ‘Coria', initially suggested by @RussellR5555 , and delivered very quickly by @BrianH . I had my first shave with it late yesterday evening…

I started with my usual pre-shave wash with Ach Brito Glyce lime soap, and used the excellent Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic brush and EJDE89 with a Gillette Nacet blade on a Razorock Titanium handle.

The whole 180g of the soap fit perfectly into the pewter dish - clearly this was meant to be! I doused the soap with hot water for a few minutes and then went to work loading the brush. I think it was about three seconds before I had a full-on Mr Whippy. (No! That's not what you think!)

I wasn't sure about the scent when I first opened the tin, in fact I was a little disappointed, but after a few minutes of face lathering I found myself really enjoying the fragrance that was subtle but had a very pleasant and unique 'herbal' quality. Lots of soaps need to air for a few minutes...I find the same thing with P&B soaps sometimes...but it's worth the wait.

Coria provided a really comfortable shave with lots of cushion and zero irritation in just two passes with a blade that was on its fourth shave.

I topped it all off with a splash of Extro Cosmesi Lavanda Muschio and all was right in the world (in spite of the US election).

Overall it was an excellent shaving experience made even better in the knowledge that Brian also generously supplied me with a tin of ‘Danum' (Patchouli) shaving soap, which I shall be trying that out later this evening. If it's half as good as the Coria I will incredibly happy during lockdown.

So, thanks again Brian for the fast turnaround on my order and the ‘Danum' surprise, and Russell for the recommendation, and to those who responded to my call for help (even @Boycie83 who tried to flog me some of his old stuff that he'd used once and hated;):))

Stay safe all:)(y)
You made the right choice with the Signature Soaps - Boycie's Used Soap Emporium will never sell its Signatures!

Signature Soaps 'Coria' (Rose Geranium and Lavender)

View attachment 60890

After seeking suggestions from the forum on a new soap to put in a recently empty pewter bowl, I settled on Signature Soaps ‘Coria', initially suggested by @RussellR5555 , and delivered very quickly by @BrianH . I had my first shave with it late yesterday evening…

I started with my usual pre-shave wash with Ach Brito Glyce lime soap, and used the excellent Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic brush and EJDE89 with a Gillette Nacet blade on a Razorock Titanium handle.

The whole 180g of the soap fit perfectly into the pewter dish - clearly this was meant to be! I doused the soap with hot water for a few minutes and then went to work loading the brush. I think it was about three seconds before I had a full-on Mr Whippy. (No! That's not what you think!)

I wasn't sure about the scent when I first opened the tin, in fact I was a little disappointed, but after a few minutes of face lathering I found myself really enjoying the fragrance that was subtle but had a very pleasant and unique 'herbal' quality. Lots of soaps need to air for a few minutes...I find the same thing with P&B soaps sometimes...but it's worth the wait.

Coria provided a really comfortable shave with lots of cushion and zero irritation in just two passes with a blade that was on its fourth shave.

I topped it all off with a splash of Extro Cosmesi Lavanda Muschio and all was right in the world (in spite of the US election).

Overall it was an excellent shaving experience made even better in the knowledge that Brian also generously supplied me with a tin of ‘Danum' (Patchouli) shaving soap, which I shall be trying that out later this evening. If it's half as good as the Coria I will incredibly happy during lockdown.

So, thanks again Brian for the fast turnaround on my order and the ‘Danum' surprise, and Russell for the recommendation, and to those who responded to my call for help (even @Boycie83 who tried to flog me some of his old stuff that he'd used once and hated;):))

Stay safe all:)(y)
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. Regards Brian

Thursday AM 2020-11-05
Natonal Doughnut Day
FRLmS7B.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Eufros Tobacco shaving soap (tallow)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
4tTTPRN.jpg

5/11/20

Pre - Hot Shower
Razor - Gillette Guard (?)
Soap - Lea Menthol
Brush - Vig Shaving Boar (20/50mm)
Post - Bens Bay Rum

Not a full shave as I'm growing a beard and but for today's shave I cleaned up my neck/cheekbones with the Gillette Guard. I quite like the dimensions of the Vig Shaving boar, but it has shed a ridiculous number of bristles so far.

This wonderful wonderful shave was proudly themed 'Wonderful life'

IMG_20201104_202235.jpg

A wonderful razor - Brass General
A wonderful blade - Schick Proline
A wonderful brush - Yaqi Dandelion
A wonderful soap - Signature Soaps Danum
A wonderful scent - Goutal Monseur

For work this week I brought away the General V2 and the Mongoose so I could decide which one could claim to be my Zen of the razor world. Just before leaving the house I decided on a quick shave using the brass General.

Fuck

That was a stupid move as I utterly forgot how damn brilliant the brass is. If you want smooth, close, hassle free then you don't have to look much further.

I don't think there will be a Zen as all these SE's are simply super to live with. I have yet to come across one which doesn't perform. All I manage to conclude is that I am glad to have moved away from DE's and no regrets.

Signature Soaps Danum? So called after the Roman name for Doncaster and probably far better than shaving using the river Don which runs through my childhood town. A river you could never swim in because either you would have more or less floated on the surface or there was a high probability you might have dissolved before getting that far.

Still, a great soap and together with it's Chinese brother a wonderful double act.

So yes, altogether a wonderful shave, wonderful results and a wonderful feeling Satanfriendly and Mrs Satanfriendly agrees.
Indeed, meoooooowwww.

I have used this video quite recently, but it just makes me happy and life wonderful. Just a wonderful tune with great simple chord patterns and a happy bunch of girls who look to be enjoying doing what they do. Wonderful

Thu 5th SOTD with same setup by reusing yesterday leftover lather.
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Personna Lab Blue 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Used same setup because yesterday's lather was too much leftover and able to be re-used again this morning. Still as creamy and slick with nice scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes without issues. Rating 9.8/10
20201105_173641.jpg

Date:- 06 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Hipster
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0 / Voskhod #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss

Signature Soaps ‘Danum' (Patchouli)

Yesterday evening's shave:

Pre-shave wash with Ach Brito Glyce lime soap | Signature Danum | PAA Green Ray | EJDE89+Nacet+Razorock Titanium | Pinaud Clubman AS

On advice from @BrianH, I didn't bloom the soap as I did with the Coria and it loaded the dampened brush very well, delivering an incredibly creamy lather. Another subtle and individual scent and an extremely comfortable two-pass shave using the same blade on its fifth outing.

Danum1.jpg

No matter how many times I tell myself that I won't be buying any more shaving soap, something like Signature turns up and I'm turned into an obsessed purchase monster (though, admittedly, this one was a generous gift:)). I'm sure there must be a shaving soap somewhere out there called ‘Cold Turkey':eek:

Have a safe and happy day all(y);):)

(P.S. Just found 'Rehab London Men's Cold Turkey Shaving Gel' ...I think I'll give it a miss...maybe try that Signature Vectis that someone mentioned...mmm....stop it, Greybeard! stop now!)

Fri 6th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Feather 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water & Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Excellent soap this. Love the unique scent but also the creamy and slick quality.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was very good. Sharp but very smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Been putting off using it because of testing many other blades and kinda worried about the sharp reputation. Hahaha... unfounded it seems. Did found some creepers though...Excellent post & aftershave...Rating 9.5
20201106_081956.jpg
20201106_084527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom