Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

SOTD : 31st October 2020.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face & Head Lather.

Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Star Noir.

Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (1)

Razor: Muhle R41.

Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.

Cold Water Face & head Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ ASL + Splash-On Lotion.

L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

(Halloween Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

(German DE razor week.)

Since i was kid, Halloween night has always been something i've looked forward to it's hard to imagine around the world this evening that parents, grandparents friends neighbours won't be having the usual mass visiting Trick-orTreating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolfs, Mother-In Laws, Zombies, Vampires, Frankensteins, Mummys & Daddys, Beatlejuices, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Kruegers,Chuckys,Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people normally have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event'.

It's extremely hard explaining to some children about this Covid-19 pandemic madness. 'Ignorance is bliss for them'. Enough said.

I've modified the normal Trick-or Treating activities for this evening and will be leaving some spooky goodies near the front door for the usual Halloween suspects to share & enjoy.

Back to the shave....Another eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....The R41/GWS duo performed with sheer smoothness, mowing through my face & head stubble effortlessly....what a wonderful efficient razor the R41 is now that i have vastly improved my technique & gained my shaving confidence when shaving this assertive semi-open comb Fräulein.

A very enjoyable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face and precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the spooky Halloween weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 31 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Soap is among the top for quality performance. Consistently giving thick creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. 2 weepers on neck for trying different angle, hahaha...Good post & aftershave too. Rating 9/10
20201031_124749.jpg

Saturday 31st October
Alpha T400 - Vitos Red Super - Wabbit V2.1 - Schick Proline B#4 - Brut Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
mN9o2n5.jpg

31/10/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: SBB - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: 5/8 Thiers Issard Evide Sonnant
Edge by: @Fergiebilly
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

1. Sat.JPG
I have been contacted by Sue as my new soap dish needs to be re-fired in the Kiln so it will be delayed, therefore, to up the waiting game i am going to run with the Palmolive stick / Maca root Superlather for a week.
The lather from this concoction is brilliant and there is always plenty of it.
An easy single pass shave and touch up today, without issue.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Date:- 31 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0 / Voskhod #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

395CD3E8-2946-4159-9E0F-29F26FD0EF23.jpeg
Last week I shaved for the first time with my Ever Ready 1912. After some feedback I thought I'd see how many good shaves I could get with one blade. As several wise chaps said, it was more than the three I typically get from a DE blade, but by Friday (six shaves) the blade was shot and I had to finish with my trusty Black Beauty.

Today I shaved for the first time with my new Gillette Aristocrat No 20, British made, from the late 1930s. This is the British Patent 430030 version with a pigskin-on-brass case. It felt aggressive, but the feedback from the alum block suggested otherwise, with no stinging at all. I used a new Astra SP and Palmolive soap face-lathered with a Vulfix 404. I'm pretty impressed by the Aristocrat and hope it will give me as faithful service as it clearly did its previous owner. If anyone knows a really good restorer in the UK I might get it re-plated.

The Aristocrat has a very odd TTO mechanism. When unscrewed, the bottom part of the handle moves up and down, opening and closing the doors. So it seems you unscrew it, gently pull down to open the doors, push up to close, and then tighten to lock. I wonder if it is meant to do that or if some part is broken. Whatever, it opens, closes and locks perfectly, so if it is broken it's a clever design that still works.

I finished with some “The Ordinary” hyaluronic acid mixed with Thayer's Witch Hazel. My skin feels good. And there's a zillion hours of rugby to watch...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom