Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

Date:- 05 November

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Razorock Mission / Tiger Platinum Premium Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

05/11/20

Razor: '67 Gillette Slim Adjustable #5
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Yaqi 2B
Soap: PAA Doppelganger Black Label
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase
ASB: None
Scent: Dior Sauvage

This soap was kindly given to me by @RussellR5555 and I've finally got around to using it. Performance was excellent - usual top notch PAA lather. I really like the scent (Dior Sauvage) and it's an exact likeness. I've applied Dior Sauvage before leaving the house and I smell fantastic today.

SOTD : 5th November 2020.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (2)

Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ 4711 ~ Eau De Cologne/ASL./ Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

(Guy Fawkes night shave.)

Another early start for me this morning.....It's been a long time since i last used the WS shave stick. As always the performance from this shave stick is excellent providing enough slick protective lather for the full shave without having to re-apply it to my face.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a wonderful solidly built smooth non-aggressive, yet efficient razor and like it's smaller handled sibling each time i have put it in my razor rotation i have had consistently good irritation-free silky smooth shaves with it, today was no exception it paired up with the GWS blade wonderfully making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PS: Do keep yours pets safe from harm this evening away from horrible callous illegitimates.

Yours. Barry

Last edited:
05/11/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Focus R48 Dynamic
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

6. Thurs.JPG
A better experience with the R48 today, the shave angle seems to be coming a bit more natural, again riding the safety bar when completing chin and top lip and long deliberate strokes everywhere else, i was also getting a bit more "positive" feedback from the razor & blade.
3 passes for a very nice comfortable finish, i was gong to call it BBS, however, i found i had missed a tiny patch under my bottom lip during the post shave routine. Boo!
Todays shave finished off the L'oreal Ice Impact post shave splash so i knocked up a batch of witch hazel infused with Jasmine, Cedarwood and Lime EO's, its quite nice and no reaction from the test rub. Also on the way out is the Old Spice Original splash and the Bergamot and Vanilla Balm.
Oh! an email from Sue @Bideford Potteries - my new soap dish is finished so it should be on its way soon - Yeah!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

57JxTph.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Barbiere Sapone
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Floid Mentally Vigorous Aftershave Splash
Scent: Geo. F Trumper Eucris

The slick lather from the Glide base from Cold River Soap Works matched wonderfully with the very sharp vintage Gillette blade for a BBS result.
My choice of fragrance is a nod to the late, great Sir Sean Connery.

Thur 5th November

Jayaruh Syn. No67
MWF
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

This PAL is often criticised for being a harsh performer, but if one gets the angle right and does not try to use too long a stroke during initial clearance - it will go well. I find it to be one of the best Injectors confined to use of a single blade.

IMG_1155.jpg

Signature Soaps 'Coria' (Rose Geranium and Lavender)

CoriaSignature.jpg

After seeking suggestions from the forum on a new soap to put in a recently empty pewter bowl, I settled on Signature Soaps ‘Coria', initially suggested by @RussellR5555 , and delivered very quickly by @BrianH . I had my first shave with it late yesterday evening…

I started with my usual pre-shave wash with Ach Brito Glyce lime soap, and used the excellent Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic brush and EJDE89 with a Gillette Nacet blade on a Razorock Titanium handle.

The whole 180g of the soap fit perfectly into the pewter dish - clearly this was meant to be! I doused the soap with hot water for a few minutes and then went to work loading the brush. I think it was about three seconds before I had a full-on Mr Whippy. (No! That's not what you think!)

I wasn't sure about the scent when I first opened the tin, in fact I was a little disappointed, but after a few minutes of face lathering I found myself really enjoying the fragrance that was subtle but had a very pleasant and unique 'herbal' quality. Lots of soaps need to air for a few minutes...I find the same thing with P&B soaps sometimes...but it's worth the wait.

Coria provided a really comfortable shave with lots of cushion and zero irritation in just two passes with a blade that was on its fourth shave.

I topped it all off with a splash of Extro Cosmesi Lavanda Muschio and all was right in the world (in spite of the US election).

Overall it was an excellent shaving experience made even better in the knowledge that Brian also generously supplied me with a tin of ‘Danum' (Patchouli) shaving soap, which I shall be trying that out later this evening. If it's half as good as the Coria I will incredibly happy during lockdown.

So, thanks again Brian for the fast turnaround on my order and the ‘Danum' surprise, and Russell for the recommendation, and to those who responded to my call for help (even @Boycie83 who tried to flog me some of his old stuff that he'd used once and hated;):))

Stay safe all:)(y)

Back
Top Bottom