Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

Tue 3rd November

RR Syn.22mm
Vitos Super Red
Schick Type F
Schick S/S single-Japan [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion.

Missed a Shave yesterday as I got tied up a bit with Chores. My wife really works hard around the house, but has a condition called Duypetrons which means she cannot straighten her fingers so holding things is difficult. So I was drafted in to clean the Oven Shelves, a rather time consuming task. Then some Shopping -The Oiks have been pillaging " Wot No Toilet Rolls", seems no lessons learnt last time.

Used the Type F which i had planned to use yesterday. This is such a tactile Razor that is a delight to use, though not aggressive it is deceptively efficient and delivers a smooth forgiving Shave, with an excellent close finish.

IMG_1154.jpg

Date:- 03 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

03/11/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: SBB 26mm Silvertip - Blue Resin
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Focus R28 slim AL
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
4. Tues.JPG
What a difference a blade makes!
Fitted with the Med Prep the Slim transformed into a different beast altogether. It needed a lot more respect. Brian @culcreuch, your reputation has been restored ;).
A 2 pass shave WTG then a multi direction pass for a close, BBS finish. I managed to pick up a graze under the chin and a small nick on the front of the chin, nothing too serious though. It just sharpened my mind to concentrate a bit more.
some indication from the Alum rub in those 2 areas which i was expecting but that was it.
A nice post shave to finish it all off.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Today's shave:

rdt201103b8je6.jpg

- Wickham 1912 Union Sq
- Whipped Dog High Mountain
- Rex Envoy with Sputnik blade
- Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender

:D

Fingers crossed the Former Colonies won't eff this up...

Tuesday, 3 November 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: TOBS Platinum Collection
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2, 1.5)
Blade Astra Platinum (4)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None—work day

Same setup as yesterday—I was a bit rushed this morning, but a more than adequate shave, nonetheless

This evening's thematic shave was '270'

IMG_20201103_171811.jpg

The incumbent razor - Stainless Mongoose
Presidential edge - Feather Super Professional
George W Brush - Gentleman's Groom Room whiskey barrel
William Howard Taft - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Not a trumpy aroma - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

Complete with all the distractions I seem to gain in life, work, family and everything else which gets in the way these SOTD's usually take me several hours/days to complete and hence never truly reflect my Shave Of The Day. Plus it takes me ages to dream up some mindless drivel.

So on this ocassion I don't want my theme 270 to arrive late otherwise it could be a whole four years early. Which would make up for my previous dilatory reporting.

In basic terms..... I am shit

The Mongoose? It is SE razors like this particular baby which make DE's a past act in my life. It just gets everything so right, so quick, with minimum fuss and maximum results. It gets me past the 270 line without the need for recounts and intervention of any kind. This is my Presidential winner.

A true leader of the free shaving nation

Not to say the vice shaving acts didn't have a say in matters as the Whiskey brush and The Bath House are that perfect team working hard in the background to make things happen. If anyone is after an overlooked soap and a dare to be different, then The Bath House is a good starting point.

This lady did and just look how excited she was at the discovery.

A most magnificent shave with most magnificent results and a shave which most certainly saw me past the post in the great shaving election.

'And can you guess what I have been doing with all those hairs I have been trimming for the past 20 years?'

Have a wonderful election night everyone and who cares who wins as long as we still have some Otoboke Beaver in our lives?

Back
Top Bottom