Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

Sunday AM 2021-01-10
National Save the Eagles Day
nvDNnsj.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Posilver Super Iridium (1)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)

Wow. The copper razor may have been slightly smoother than the 17-4 version, even with a brand new blade. Of course the great shaving soap helped.
HQXaeSv.jpg

Sunday 10th January

ACtC-3e8TjJX0rEMT3gdZracLNrnMhyguLtNGQ-t2mmqTdmSR5_HXPw3q1ouHw1-ZNwIiHiewkNYyCqVbOc-vEpevWvpltLazGJ7M6hFAGjO3ZtLHgBk3SguxtlHTol1P-e7w8HiUcF4Os_rC2_H-Bsi-5fPGw=w1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Pure Charcoal
Lather up with the mighty Wickham's 1912 South Sea Spray & hjm Professional (Boar)
Single pass shave with mirror polished Muhle Rocca & Treet Platinum (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & Brut Oceans​

Ahhh ... third run with this Treet Platinum and it recaptured that perfection of two days ago. Last night was in a RazoRock Game Changer and it was good, but the pairing of the Rocca (as per two nights ago) and the Treet Platinum is indeed sheer perfection, for me.

My Sunday theme is usually around a citrus scent, be it Citrus Musk or citrus toilet blocks (Erasmic, Brut or Derby) but today, I felt a bit Oceanic ... and so broke out the South Sea Spray and whipped up the froth with the hjm mop, which smells sublime now it's drying off. Brut Oceans finished that theme off lovely! Oh, the smell on that brush < prod @JohnnyO to use a boar when you get around to using yours :love:

I'm going to run on with this and go with a vintage Old Spice shave tomorrow ... soap and aftershave.

I can take a hint ... although I've already started. Just a touch of Floris 89 afterwards to touch up.

JohnnyO. o/.

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere.
Brush: Shavemac 'The Flat Top' Silvertip.
Razor: Above The Tie M1.
Blade: Perma-Sharp (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, D. R. Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Splash, followed by Tabula Rasa Steampunk Aftershave Gel.

10-Jan-2021 (2).jpg

2 days growth, decided to try the ATT M1 stainless steel, after a series of lovely shaves with the ATT R1 Calypso. A lovely, smooth, efficient shave. 2 passess WTG and ATG, and I am DFS+/BBS- with no issues to report. The audio from the ATT when you hit the sweet spot on the angle is lovely.

For me the ATT M1 shaves like the ATT R1 Calypso, despite in theory the M1 being a milder razor. The D. R. Harris Sandalwood is a recent addition to the den - quality stuff - great scent - skin felt amazing after the shave.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD
Pinnacle grooming Once Upon A Time soap and splash and my latestc26mm silvertip knot transplant into a new handle whips up into a great scented slick lather that helps the Smart Helix Apollo aggressive plate & Gillette Rubie to an effortless 3 pass shave resulting in a super smooth shave with zero irritation. Finished off with matching splash.
20210110_210130.jpg

Mon 11th SE SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 8th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Excellent soap from CC. This lime is the strongest scent among the 4 I have. Nicely creamy and slick lather.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good except for some skipping during the atg pass on the chin and lips area. The main thing is no nicks or weepers. In general, a relatively comfortable 3pass shave for a surprisingly dfs++ result. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210111_093717.jpg

Sunday 10th January

Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush - YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - PuIg Quorum Aftershave

First use of HWF soap, and it worked very well.
Easy to load, easy to face lather, and it performed superbly.
Excellent protection, glide and residual slickness.
Post shave feel was good too.

Back
Top Bottom