Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

Monday AM 2021-01-11
National Step in a Puddle & Splash Your Friends Day
Z4WtOsV.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Schick Krona
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave
8q0VmxV.jpg

Monday 11th January

ACtC-3c_zoVzD7MCo7cC_755ZVS4XeuslHr8dQOHsJZ4ZUmG6ue004F8TNGYCe88_ZC4FIlitpecNTB5LdLwY4MCEyBoQqSPfXMKKhEawA5KdJMfz2LV20CFgrC4XIw6-Uf8mSe8-PUBgdrSVUKAeIvMVx538A=w800

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Pure Charcoal
Lather up with vintage Old Spice Shaving Soap & Vie-Long American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Single pass shave with Muhle Rocca & Treet Platinum (4)
Hot rinse, cold rinse and splash of vintage Old Spice Aftershave Lotion​

Four delightful shaves with the Treet Platinum in my new Muhle Rocca. My favourite blade in my now favourite razor. Perfect partners!

Tue 12th SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor RR G37 Slant on Yaqi Handle
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Top-quality performance from this soap. Thickly creamy and super slick. The scent is unique for sure. Pleasant for me...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent! Crisply smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly glass-like finish. Atg-pass on chin and lips area was so smooth with this outstanding blade! Rating 10/10!!
20210112_092744.jpg

The shave with the theme 'Mrs Mop goes shopping'

IMG_20210111_212424.jpg

Yesterday was the day Mrs Mop went shopping on the bus while Mr Mop stayed at home and enjoyed a relaxing shave.

X47 bus - Stainless Mongoose
Don't forget your mask- Feather Super Professional
Shopping trolley - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Tesco club card - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap
Checkout - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime Edc

Another fine example of my punctuality. A day late as usual but very busy recently painting the cellar entrance as looking neglected, forlorned and in need of some TLC. Job done, just like this shave.

Everytime I use the Mongoose it always goes through my mind, 'Is the Colonial V2 really the top dog?'. Nothing less than perfection shave after shave. It also adds to why I abandoned DE's and reinforces why in the kingdom of shaving the one edged blade is king.

Never tried an SE? You need to

Want to try a great soap and want to try something different? This Bath House Cuban Lime certainly ticks all the right boxes. If you can't lather this stuff you may as well give in. It is so damn easy and so damn good. Perhaps more so with the wonderful monster Cashmere from Steven Jagger. And the scent! Totally, totally divine.

At the end of an achieving day

IMG_20210112_081759.jpg

one very achieving shave with a big grin and a very pillow friendly face. Unlike this chap who needs to either get up and get that shit off his face or at least get the shopping in

And where is the Japanese girly band? Never fear always here to give you the only part of my SOTD of any value. Have a lovely day people

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

SOTD : 12th January 2021.

27.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Face Lather.
Lather : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Gillette ~ 'NOS 94' Super Silver Platinum. (3)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

It's been a while since my much loved vintage Gillette slim twist has made an appearance in one of my SOTD set up's this vintage razor gives an amazingly comfortably smooth shave each time i shave with it. I repeat myself by stating each time that i shave with this vintage lady it still amazes me that a 50 year + de razor can still perform with such smoothness...A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom