Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

Tue 12th January

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Citra Royale
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Quite an interesting Shave as this is my first use of the Schick blade in a 2dot configuration. After using The Enoch for quite some time I actually did notice the bulk of it, and though the finish was good it in some areas is not quite as good as The Enoch.

962E4567-A52C-459E-8E58-9CFF4439558D.jpeg

Last edited:
Tuesday

Arko (grated stick)
Kent Infinty Silvertex synth
Face lather
Gillette New (1934)
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
4711 EdC

An overdue outing for my copper and brass New. My Arko soap is looking quite strange these days. It's starting to resemble some strange shaving-type Stilton; owing to some veiny blue patches. Doesn't affect the performance, though; still lathers beautifully and with the same post-shave feel.

4CEE8A81-C332-4B0C-A343-39208F3A8AE4.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2021-01-12
National Pharmacist Day
HFdu0Mk.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Essence oil/hydrosol
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave
zSdYbCZ.jpg

IMG_20210112_184609_619.jpg
View attachment 83656

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Burds Of Paradise by Twa Burds Brush: Scottish Thistle Synthetic
Razor: GSC Turbo
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
A/S: Nivea 2 Phase

It's always great to discover a new UK artisan. Even better when they're Scottish! I took a punt on this soap from Twa Burds, a soapmaker from Glasgow. Didn't know what to expect and I was really impressed with the scent and performance. Quite strongly scented and a nice rich creamy lather that gave more than adequate protection throughout the shave. Great post shave feel too.

Tuesday 12th January

ACtC-3eseA-0nrCeuuS9n8Ys57FYmLlPX-sG_knJGtkL380NXSsy2K0dBGDvpPpzOZAg4HlgIxdR6j0nqGS1-2pPNrmnhdzjOnNYwmAwINZS4wE0NJWGCzwpTwx54jQp1bXYlFcPWK3rwb-OchZ7d4dLnVzfzQ=w1200

Gillette New (Type 134) 1841223 Patent Anniversary 12/01/1932

Wash with French Pink Clay & Charcoal soap
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 Apricus & hjm Professional (Boar)
Shave with Gillette New (Type 134) Milady & Gillette London Bridge Super Stainless (1)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & Floid (Black) Aftershave​

What a delightful shave!

New to me, my first shave with the Gillette London Bridge put me very much in mind of the Shark Super Stainless. Now, don't get me wrong here because I know there are a good few folks that think the Shark is like shaving with an actual shark, but I find the shave more akin to driving a car without power-steering - you get so much feedback from the car, you feel the road, you feel the corners; you feel very connected to the shave.

Good, good! I'm glad I bought 50 :cool:

FF6E2B45-CE2D-43B2-9A0A-CC4C42041413.jpeg

A revisit to a beloved shaving soap - Le Pere Lucien Oud-Santal
With a 5 minute hot water soak and a full minute of loading, I was rewarded with a very dense
and creamy lather, that gave me a superb shave and a room filled with a pleasent scent

MÜHLE Edition 2 Chinese Laquer STF
Carbon Shaving Cx Ti-Titan

20210112_121532.jpg
SOTD 12th Jan Vintage month
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor- Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem #4
Post - M&S Harvard ASL and Balm

Bloody gorgeous shave with this lovely razor - i do really love it! 3 passes when I only really needed 2. And a proper BBS finish. Decided to change my soaps in my rotation, and the Proraso served up a refreshing and revitalising change. The post shave was also very nice and the scent was "classy".
The star of this show though is the 1912 - what a piece of engineering and craftsmanship.

Wed 13th SOTD
Soap Stone Cottage Musk
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Dorco Prime Platinum 1st time testing this new blade
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Very nice unassuming soap which is easy to lather and performs great! Thickly creamy and slick with a nice musky scent. The brush is a super nice handle and very soft on the face.
The shave with razor paired with the new blade was quite good. Sharpish, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any nicks weepers nor irritation for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Rating 9.5/10
20210113_102706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom