Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Flying Hide
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Monday 11th

Cream - ESC Citrus
Brush - Simpson Colonel
Razor - Feather Artist Club SS
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Balm - TOBS Jermyn Street

Day four with the shavette & I managed to not need a DE to finish off, so quite pleased. It took two & a half to three passes to get to a good result everywhere other than my usual tricky part, where it's concave on my neck & the stubble grows in a different direction. The Pro Guard blades are extremely forgiving!

XT030302a.jpg

11/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #11

Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: 5/8 Peter Ludwig Schmidt "Golden Dispatch"
Edge by : @Billyji1
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's Cedarwood & Patchouli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood & Patchouli infused Argan Oil & Nivea Balm
Aftershave: Brut Original
Wk 2 (3) Mon.JPG
I enjoyed that,
Today I bowl lathered the MWF with great results, lots of wonderful, thick, slick lather. Lots of cushioning for the planned "3" pass shave.
I completed my normal 2 pass shaving routine (DFS+), then completed nigh on a full pick up pass. I am calling it a BBS success today.
The Alum gave a some indication, mainly on the throat, i do not think chasing BBS with a straight is worth it, however, i do need to improve my technique, therefore i will probably continue with this routine until i am more comfortable with the pick up pass, hopefully the more i practice the Less the Alum stings.
I also tried out my Cedarwood and Patchouli post shave and its quite nice. When the Brut Original AS went on it did light up the throat again, not for long though.
All in all a happy shaver today.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Monday 11th January
Yaqi Heavy Metal - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - ENDGEM SPEED â„–3 by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #6 - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20210107-215022863-HDR-01.jpg

The 3 dot ENDGEM was definitely another step up in aggression. The soap gave excellent protection, resulting in a lovely smooth finish.

Sotd-11-01-21.jpg

Today -

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso R plate
blade - Med Prep (? - I think it's done though)
brush - Simpson P8 Phyl
soap - Vitos Eucalyptus - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol K
balm - Proraso Green.

All good - enjoyed that - I had been working since early this morning - the best time of day - it's nice and peaceful - trying to hit a frankly unrealistic deadline - I love deadlines, the whooshing noise they make when they fly by - finished the day's quota of words and mailed them to the author to sign off. I was feeling a bit groggy - a nice shave was in order. All the software picked to wake me up - which it certainly did - I feel a whole lot more human now. When I came back down from the den I found with pleasure behind the front door, a letter from a fellow forum member - I recognise the handwriting - so I'm going to make a pot of coffee and sit down and read it. Simple pleasures. Enjoy your shaving, one and all - stay safe - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom