Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

A51ECA8A-39DA-4574-8D19-B811C098E630.jpeg

I have for a long time been sceptical about these super fatted American shaving soaps.
But I must admit that - at least A&E Revolution - performs extremely well. A thick, creamy,
very slick and protective lather made my shave a total joy today. I'm very impressed!

A&E Revolution soap
MÜHLE Edition 1 STF brush
Carbon Shaving Ti-Titan razor
Timor DE Blade

Enjoy the weekend Gentlemen

View attachment 63029

I have for a long time been sceptical about these super fatted American shaving soaps.
But I must admit that - at least A&E Revolution - performs extremely well. A thick, creamy,
very slick and protective lather made my shave a total joy today. I'm very impressed!

A&E Revolution soap
MÜHLE Edition 1 STF brush
Carbon Shaving Ti-Titan razor
Timor DE Blade

Enjoy the weekend Gentlemen
Great picture, as always :)

Paul.

9 January

PAA Solstice
MÜHLE Rocca
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Gillette Silver Blue
Fine L'Orange Noir

2A057889-5D82-46B6-B7CE-9E64889AC3AD.jpeg

A rummage in the naughty draw yesterday revealed the MÜHLE Rocca and matching brush, they were cast aside a while ago after several rough shaves in a row. Today this razor gave me a super smooth shave with a new Gillette Silver Blue blade. The Rocca brush, also, gave a stunning performance with the Solstice. I'm sure there is something different about the ffibres used in this brush compared to my rather larger MÜHLE Classic brush, maybe finer/softer. Anyway, both will be returning to the rotation in future.

Saturday 9th January

ACtC-3efYu2fBB-VkUYMwKfuP0ufX1cwpTriimlXeAsLtc6OJJC1pD13fT2c7TFW5qBAZaPYpCf34UJ8H05Mi7_fudz3wSgCSiYwAKE5BhhLUwoXKT1CFnQ8Cbqc_jW9Xg8InyDYIH67_oFB-lPX4hO7AY4eiw=w1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Face Wash
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 Shangri-La & hjm Professional (Boar)
Single pass shave with RazoRock Game Changer 0.84 OC & Treet Platinum (2)
Hot rinse, Cold rinse & Brut Attraction Totale​

Delightful!

Not as perfect a pairing as with the Rocca, but I enjoyed this ...

Not For The Purists & Shaving Snobs lol.
After a discussion on here on the title Elemis i decided to have an Elemis Shave although not all Elemis as iv ran out.
As said in the title not for the purists as this soap comes in a can, i can hear the screams of disappointment,
A wet shaver shaving with canned soap, how could he, pure heresy. Hang him :p:p. As for the shave itself i really enjoyed it as i hadn't shaved for a week due to covid type symptoms but confirmed as just a lighter flu.
I always start a shave with an exfoliating face wash and this one was the L'oréal face scrub.
Like most of my shaves i always have a mixture of quite expensive & cheap & chips and this was no different.
Rockwell 6s on setting 6
Brush = Yaqi Dice 24mm tuxedo, love this brush and super cheap.
Blade = First use Polsilver
Preshave = Elemis Oil
Cream. =. Elemis Ice Cool Foamimg Gel :eek:
Aftershave = Boots Freshwood
Balm = L'oréal Barberclub.
The wife goes crazy at me buying cheap aftershaves but i like them.
Boots Freshwood £2.99, decent for sitting around if your not heading out
6DA908C0-0B2C-422F-90F3-88EE93217EC6.jpeg

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Elite Razors Polo Bone Amber
Soap: A & E Peach & Cognac
Razor: Paradigm Javelin prototype
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
AS Balm: I Coloniali

SOTD-20210109.jpg

SOTD-20210109-1.jpg

SOTD-20210109-4.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Sun 10th SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather from the soft soap. The scent really comes out during lathering. The performance was ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was ok too. Reasonably smooth and comfortable for 3passes except for atg on chin and lips but no nicks nor weepers for a dfs to ccs result. Time's up for the blade. Rating 9.3/10
20210109_174640.jpg
20210110_112307.jpg

SOTD : 10th January 2021.

26.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Face Lather.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette ~ 'NOS 94' Super Silver Platinum. (2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version.)/Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

My fondness for this classic old school Love/Hate in-expensive Williams grows with each shave....The post shave feel it delivers is superb.

My vintage Gillette ball end tech performed with excellence and paired up wonderfully with the NOS 94' SSP blade resulting in an enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Due to Lockdown number 3 i won't be returning to the mill tomorrow, i have been furloughed for another 6 weeks, after that a 3 day week shift pattern comes into action until the work orders pick up in the coming months...It turns out i will be on permanent day shift for the foreseeable year... Still not the best of circumstances but, i still consider myself very fortunate as, some of my work mates have been paid off which make feel extremely sorrowful.

First & foremost the health safety, and wellbeing of myself & fellow workers comes before any job. Without us the mill wouldn't produce which is something our production manager doesn't want to hear or see. 'Some people listens, but don't hear because they don't want to'.

Yours-Barry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom