Rate The Last Film You Watched

They wouldn't allow the young lad into the cinema today to watch Deadpool, "strictly over 16s only". He showed up today in his Deadpool t-shirt and was shunned in a slightly unpleasant manner by the cinema manger. We weren't the only ones to be turned away. Frustrating for the young lad, a true Deadpool fan who buys the comics every month without fail. Then they put out a movie that's deemed inappropriate for him. He was totally bummed.

Dad's Army
Very good cast, reasonable story, Gambon is perfect, Nighy just a tad too down register, Toby Jones is often very good as Mainwaring but somehow doesn't click. Daniel Mays is very good as Walker and there is a strong supporting cast. Tom Courtenay as Jones just strikes the wrong note, too subdued.

Overall a fun film but left me feeling disappointed but not really sure why.

Secret in their eyes

This is [yet another] Hollywood re-make of a successful foreign (to the US) movie.
It's not bad - it just felt a bit 'flat' especially taking the great cast into consideration.
I hear that the original movie is significantly better though.
I'd give it a 6/10.
Secret%252520In%252520Their%252520Eyes%252520-%252520Official%252520Poster%25255B3%25255D.jpg

John Wick

I'm not the biggest fan of Keanu Reeves, which is why I'd held back on watching this. I really shouldn't have though, it's a very good solid action filled hitman hell bent on revenge movie. He does a good job of resisting the Keanu Reeves urges in his acting. 7/10

Secret in their eyes, a solid 7/10, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, a gritty film. Team of law enforcement officers find out how far they'll go when one of their daughters is raped and murdered. Worth a watch!

Edit; Hadn't noticed DBs post, so I didn't know it was a remake. I still enjoyed it:p

John Wick 7/10 about right, entertaining;)

Last edited:
Nightcrawler

Gripping, twisted, dark, creepy, demented........brilliant!
I'm not by any stretch of the imagination, Jake Gyllenhaal's biggest fan but he's one Oscar worthy sociopathic son of a bitch in this. 8/10

Today - and through the weekend I think - the new movie "Wrong Swipe" is being streamed for free on youtube.
This was a made-for-TV movie and came out a week ago I think.

It's labelled a thriller with this description:
"When Anna has a difficult time getting close to people, her sister creates a dating profile for her online. Anna starts to message a handsome man until she starts getting disturbing messages that a match is close by"

I haven't watched it myself...so caveat viewer ;)

Update: Ok, maybe nvm...I tried and lasted less than three minutes

Back
Top Bottom