random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

IMG_7826.JPG
Thanks mate

Figured out the Schick cassette is empty lol

I never received a good shave from a really vintage blade. They require a few coatings to appear smooth.
I only tried the Schick blades which came with my Schick injector not tried these pal blades but think I remember someone mentioning they're not all that when I created a thread trying to identify which pal injector razor I got

Got the black label blades for my supply like those so far

Erm... do DE blades (ever) have a right way up and a wrong way up? The question occurred to me when I was thinking about kitchen knives and the difference between European and Japanese cutting edges which sometimes occurs. I think Japanese kitchen knives have a tendency to be sharpened on only one side, with others being more symmetrical?

Erm... do DE blades (ever) have a right way up and a wrong way up? The question occurred to me when I was thinking about kitchen knives and the difference between European and Japanese cutting edges which sometimes occurs. I think Japanese kitchen knives have a tendency to be sharpened on only one side, with others being more symmetrical?

DE blades's edge is symmetrical so will cut the same whichever side you use.

(Edit: thanks @donnie_arko for your reply above (y))

I did my first DE shave yesterday and it went well. No problems as such, but I have ideas on how to modify my technique for incremental improvements.

I do have a very banal question though... I have a Wickham 1912 soap which came in a screw-top tub. Would you suggest leaving the lid off after use to allow it to dry, or putting the lid back on? I will say that the loading technique I used left the puck only a bit damp with a bit of a pasty consistency on top because I added nearly all of the water away from the puck, after loading.

The factors which occur to me are hygiene and integrity of the soap/scent over time.:unsure:

How's the following for a question? :ROFLMAO::

Is it just me, or is it really difficult to rinse/splash water on the face and neck without it running down the forearms and dripping off the elbows, making puddles on the floor?

Currently this is for me the most tricky aspect of shaving. :eek:

How's the following for a question? :ROFLMAO::

Is it just me, or is it really difficult to rinse/splash water on the face and neck without it running down the forearms and dripping off the elbows, making puddles on the floor?

Currently this is for me the most tricky aspect of shaving. :eek:

You're not wrong. That, and most basins are at a height intended for hobbits!

Stumbled across this and was wondering if anyone seen one of these Gillette mirror cases before? Looks cool

User modified, Gillette didn't do that.

Reactions: saj
Back
Top Bottom