random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

D

Deleted member 12673

hey so i wanted to create a thread where i and other memebers can ask questions without having to create a million and one threads,
especially for those minor curious questions that we may have that arent really worth making a whole thread about

anyways i just got delivered the ixon ikon slant x3, think its got the bulldog stainless steel handle,
i dont think ive ever owned a stainless steel razor so the handle felt real quality and had good weight too,
but my question is as daft as it sounds it how do you know if youve got a stainless razor?

so this is something ive been observing for the last 5-10 shaves and i wanted to ask, which sense do you the most when shaving?

ive noticed after observing myself i use the sense of sound the most, then touch and then sight i'd say

like for example i only ever look at the mirror is when im going ATG at the top or sides of the head but most the time i dont even have my glasses or lenses on and i just listen out for the sound of the hair being shaved off

btw the sound of the hair been shaved off is music to my ears, very theraputic indeed

anyone used those old bakelite nymph razors? are they any good? always see them on ebay uk

so this is something ive been observing for the last 5-10 shaves and i wanted to ask, which sense do you the most when shaving?

ive noticed after observing myself i use the sense of sound the most, then touch and then sight i'd say

like for example i only ever look at the mirror is when im going ATG at the top or sides of the head but most the time i dont even have my glasses or lenses on and i just listen out for the sound of the hair being shaved off

btw the sound of the hair been shaved off is music to my ears, very theraputic indeed
I currently shave with a Fatip Testina Gentile or a Schick Injector. There is no audible feedback. You just relax and enjoy. Stop over thinking everything.

anyone tried this de blade hack on an injector razor before?

defo going to try this for my next head shave, just not sure which blade to try out in the injector razor

Can't see why you'd bother unless it was the only razor in the house and you only had DE blades. Doesn't it defeat a couple of the main benefits of using injector blades (rigidity and longevity...might be wrong never used them myself)?
Yea I get you but I also thought it was due to the design of the clamp of injector razors as to why it's so rigid as oppose to just due to the injector blade itself, I could be wrong though

I'll try it out tomorrow and post my thoughts and experience of it

Can't see why you'd bother unless it was the only razor in the house and you only had DE blades. Doesn't it defeat a couple of the main benefits of using injector blades (rigidity and longevity...might be wrong never used them myself)?
+1

I am an injector user. Injector blades are widely available. This is almost as stupid as using carpet blades or Shield or Irish Spring soap for shaving.

Indeed! Because you can does not mean you should ... there is a actually a way to make DE blades work in a 1912. That said, injector blades can be used in all manner of vintage razors that were designed for their own proprietary blades and that's a good thing. GEMs can be despined and used in other razors.

But snipping up DE blades is neither safe nor advised.

Back
Top Bottom