random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

An element of my work takes me to projects with my colleague, a sustainability officer. Like today. Got me thinking - I thought that DE manufacturers may market themselves more towards the benefits of wet shaving from a sustainability perspective. Less plastic waste from cartridges going to landfill.

It may happen - I dont really use social media, so it may happen there. It maybe the marketing department at the likes of Gillette have a bigger budget. Or I could be just not aware of such campaigns.

Did a little poking around on Amazon & was intrigued that some sellers (particularly of low cost generic, what we know as Chinese razors) are using terms such as reusable for DE's. I think this is a positive if it gets more men and ladies using traditional shaving for their own reasons. There are also bamboo handled razors with an eco slant in the blurb.

I like to keep an eye on Mutiny Shaving's website for their latest releases. I really should get round to buying a handle that is made from recycled fishing nets.

Anyway, my shaving thought for the day :)

An element of my work takes me to projects with my colleague, a sustainability officer. Like today. Got me thinking - I thought that DE manufacturers may market themselves more towards the benefits of wet shaving from a sustainability perspective. Less plastic waste from cartridges going to landfill.

It may happen - I dont really use social media, so it may happen there. It maybe the marketing department at the likes of Gillette have a bigger budget. Or I could be just not aware of such campaigns.

Did a little poking around on Amazon & was intrigued that some sellers (particularly of low cost generic, what we know as Chinese razors) are using terms such as reusable for DE's. I think this is a positive if it gets more men and ladies using traditional shaving for their own reasons. There are also bamboo handled razors with an eco slant in the blurb.

I like to keep an eye on Mutiny Shaving's website for their latest releases. I really should get round to buying a handle that is made from recycled fishing nets.

Anyway, my shaving thought for the day :)
I think the best way for sustainability is not to make things, if you have anything use it until it is non repairable.
It's the best way to cut down on waste/pollution. If you're not buying, the companies are not fucking up the environment for profit. (y)

I think the best way for sustainability is not to make things, if you have anything use it until it is non repairable.
It's the best way to cut down on waste/pollution. If you're not buying, the companies are not fucking up the environment for profit. (y)
This talk is somewhat relevant. It is long and slow moving, but people who I know to have watched it all agree that it's fascinating, informative and worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom