random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

Hey you alright?

Yea seen your thread earlier but I get the impression it might be a bit mild for my liking, thanks though
Mild schmild chap - it's all in the technique

Johnny Depp Haircut GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Scents. Is it worthwhile 'aligning' scents? For example, I'm thinking of getting some B&M omnibus base soap because I hear it works well with very hard water. I was also thinking of getting the gift set of Bart's balms because I hear they're good and I can try the different smells to see what I like. Would I do better to get soap and balm of the same scent to avoid clashing smells? Or to consider how smells will work together? I know people will purposely mix things together, but I don't even know, are soaps designed to leave a persistent smell after use, or is it only present while in use?

Maybe it doesn't matter and I should just do whatever. That's fine, but I'm still curious to draw knowledge from other's experiences.

Scents. Is it worthwhile 'aligning' scents? For example, I'm thinking of getting some B&M omnibus base soap because I hear it works well with very hard water. I was also thinking of getting the gift set of Bart's balms because I hear they're good and I can try the different smells to see what I like. Would I do better to get soap and balm of the same scent to avoid clashing smells? Or to consider how smells will work together? I know people will purposely mix things together, but I don't even know, are soaps designed to leave a persistent smell after use, or is it only present while in use?

Maybe it doesn't matter and I should just do whatever. That's fine, but I'm still curious to draw knowledge from other's experiences.
The soap smell is for you while you're shaving, aftershave gives you the scent you will walk around with.

finally got around to using the ted baker hybrid razor (closed/open comb)

Really surprised was a nice comfortable shave with a fresh nacet and I'd say I prefer the ted baker razor over the yaqi flipside razor

Anyone else used this razor?

The handle was loose and didn't like it so put the ikon ss handle with the ted baker head and I think it looks really nice, will try to take a pic when I get a chance

Quick questions, found that I had these injector blades, the Schick black ones seem to be stuck, is that because they're finished or just jammed? As it doesn't slide across

Never come to the end of one of those injector cassettes so no idea lol

Was wondering if it's jammed how to remove the blades from it?

IMG_20220914_161318.jpg

Also I got this other injector cassette,
any idea which brand blades they are?

It got written 'Precision ER Products' on the side of the cassette

IMG_20220914_161229.jpg

p.s sorry for bad pics

Back
Top Bottom