random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

There is some negativity about these shave powders, being cornflower based and a mild grumble that it could lead to fungal growth. Could. As in doesn't actually, when used as prescribed and not left in crevaces. Out of curiosity, I tried a sachet of this and quite liked it ... patted on to my neck, which is prone to greasiness and can setup ingrowers. Nicely drying and non-caking. I didn't repurchase simply because I have a big bottle of talc (for feet).

There is some negativity about these shave powders, being cornflower based and a mild grumble that it could lead to fungal growth. Could. As in doesn't actually, when used as prescribed and not left in crevaces. Out of curiosity, I tried a sachet of this and quite liked it ... patted on to my neck, which is prone to greasiness and can setup ingrowers. Nicely drying and non-caking. I didn't repurchase simply because I have a big bottle of talc (for feet).
I tried it earlier in the year a couple of times and both times it seemed to clog a pore resulting in a nice red spot both times.I got rid of it which was a shame as it did feel quite nice.

been really struggling recently as not been having any motivation shaving,
so just been using the leaf razor for last like as I've been wanting it just over and done with anyways normally I change blades after 1 or 2 uses but I cba changing the blade and it seem like 5 shaves on the same perma sharp blades is defo the limit as on the 5th shave it did pull and tug a bit more then usual

how many shaves can you lot normally get out of a DE/SE blades?

been really struggling recently as not been having any motivation shaving,
so just been using the leaf razor for last like as I've been wanting it just over and done with anyways normally I change blades after 1 or 2 uses but I cba changing the blade and it seem like 5 shaves on the same perma sharp blades is defo the limit as on the 5th shave it did pull and tug a bit more then usual

how many shaves can you lot normally get out of a DE/SE blades?
Nowadays, I discard every DE blade after 3 shaves with it; no exceptions.

In the distant past, I shaved all 7 days of the week with one blade, because blades then were relatively expensive, my starting pay at the time was £507 a year, and the quality of blades seemed better and longer-lasting (or perhaps I imagined them to be). Today, DE blades are comparatively inexpensive, and there isn't the absolute need to drag out the use of one.

Nowadays, I have a change of razor every 3 days, as I like to get some use out of each of them, and I really can't be changing the blade from one to another. I like the variety.

With injector, AC and Gem blades, I expect to get around 10-12 more uses from each. I'm much more flexible with these, and will keep on with a blade until it begins to drag, not cut or otherwise show signs of giving up.

Nowadays, I discard every DE blade after 3 shaves with it; no exceptions.

In the distant past, I shaved all 7 days of the week with one blade, because blades then were relatively expensive, my starting pay at the time was £507 a year, and the quality of blades seemed better and longer-lasting (or perhaps I imagined them to be). Today, DE blades are comparatively inexpensive, and there isn't the absolute need to drag out the use of one.

Nowadays, I have a change of razor every 3 days, as I like to get some use out of each of them, and I really can't be changing the blade from one to another. I like the variety.

With injector, AC and Gem blades, I expect to get around 10-12 more uses from each. I'm much more flexible with these, and will keep on with a blade until it begins to drag, not cut or otherwise show signs of giving up.
So you shave daily?

Ive still not used a gem razor so can't comment but I do like AC and injector blades too

Back
Top Bottom