Closed Pass Around - One Blade SE Razor

Third shave in total and first shave with the de-spined GEM blade and it was just as good as the Feather but you get that nice audible feedback from the GEM but no blade vibration or chatter to speak of.
If I were to buy a OneBlade in its current incarnation I would use the GEM 'S as my preferred blade.
I've had double figure shaves with them in my 1912 so I see no reason this couldn't be achieved with the OneBlade. I also don't feel it necessary to further clip or modify the GEM as there was no slippage or movement in the blade housing unit at all.
It was another excellent smooth shave with no irritation at all or even slight redening of the skin. I'm particularly impressed by how sensitive it is to the skin on my neck while still giving an extremely close BBS shave.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Third shave in total and first shave with the de-spined GEM blade and it was just as good as the Feather but you get that nice audible feedback from the GEM but no blade vibration or chatter to speak of.
If I were to buy a OneBlade in its current incarnation I would use the GEM 'S as my preferred blade.
I've had double figure shaves with them in my 1912 so I see no reason this couldn't be achieved with the OneBlade. I also don't feel it necessary to further clip or modify the GEM as there was no slippage or movement in the blade housing unit at all.
It was another excellent smooth shave with no irritation at all or even slight redening of the skin. I'm particularly impressed by how sensitive it is to the skin on my neck while still giving an extremely close BBS shave.

Given you had no blade slippage I guess it must be related to how coarse the hairs are that it's trying to cut??? More coarse = higher resistance, therefore slippage???

Who knows, either way it looks lovely!!! LOL.

My time is drawing to a close with the OneBlade and I have enjoyed having my opinion changed by this razor. Would I buy one for myself , possibly. Would I buy one for myself if they came up with a version that would allow me to use my all time favourite blade , the Feather Pro ; absolutely.
Until such times however I would stick to my Mongoose and ATT S1 , this is not to give a backhanded compliment to the razor at all but more in protest at the necessity to have to use the proprietary blade a maximum of twice or have to modify GEM se blades.

The idea I can remember being talked about back when I got into this hobby 4 years ago , a de/se/cartridge style hybrid ; would it work , could it work , should it work! In my opinion it does work. The build quality is great as is the design particularly the pivoting head that at least in my case has allowed me to a certain extent to almost disregard the tried and tested 3 pass , with , across and against the grain shave. I've achieved a perfect BBS with 2 passes that have consisted of a with the grain pass and a 2nd pass using a combination of across and against the grain strokes. It will be interesting to see how many shaves i can get out of this current GEM blade before I say goodbye to this very unique razor.

I feel those Feather Blades Loosing their Sharpness towards the End of the 1st Shave with them An All..I can only speak for myself but I Dump them Afterwards..That's what the Manufacture's of the OneBlade recommend anyway..They Obviously Know the Script with them..:)

Billy

It must be that single-malt enriched whiskers that you have - I have no problem getting a good 3-4 shaves out of the Feathers. Then again....my stubble is girly-men California based (that's an Arnold reference btw) :)

@ajh101 and @sc0tt - you're in...:)

1. The Geordie Shaver - complete
2. p.b - complete
3. riverrun - complete
4. rowlers - complete
5. Nishy - complete
6. rolatruck - complete
7. Fergiebilly - complete
8. Rufus Firefly - complete
9. MPH - complete
10. @1morepasswill - complete
11. @missingskin*
12. @fly3k
13. @ajh101
14. @sc0tt

*Currently on way to

LIST (DEFINITELY NOW!) CLOSED

@ajh101 and @sc0tt - you're in...:)

2. p.b - complete
3. riverrun - complete
4. rowlers - complete
5. Nishy - complete
6. rolatruck - complete
9. MPH - complete
10. @1morepasswill - complete
11. @missingskin*
12. @fly3k
13. @ajh101
14. @sc0tt

*Currently on way to

LIST (DEFINITELY NOW!) CLOSED
Ha, you've been an unbelievably good sport! Thanks again!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts @missingskin...:)

2. p.b - complete
3. riverrun - complete
4. rowlers - complete
5. Nishy - complete
6. rolatruck - complete
9. MPH - complete
10. 1morepasswill - complete
11. @missingskin*
12. @fly3k