10. 1morepasswill - complete
11. missingskin - complete
12. fly3k - complete
13. @ajh101*
14. @sc0tt

*Currently with

LIST (DEFINITELY NOW!) CLOSED

Good morning!
I left a few drops of water soaking on a puck of Wool Fat Soap whilst taking a shower. I loaded a dry Kent synthetic (works for me with any soap), and started my shave.
Is it taking off anything at all? Wow.
It seems very quiet. Ooh!
Three passes (I could have got away with two), plus touch ups. BBS with no irritation and no sting from AS use at all.
First impressions? Very nice indeed.
A little bit of background. I have been DE shaving for a couple of years, but my only use of Feather blades was in an old Tech, which I seem to recall gave a close shave. Was the OneBlade significantly better? YMMV...
So. This is certainly a very nice razor indeed. Is it five times better than my Merkur 38c or 39c? Further shaves with this combination are required. Then I suppose I ought to use Feathers again in other combinations.
I must confess however, I was grinning a little this morning... :)

SWMBO was amazed at the generosity of spirit and trust shown by members here. It costs HOW MUCH? I told her I was not sure if it was worth that much. You're not sure? I thought she had not hear me properly before I realised the reason for her incredulity. If I buy one I will tell her I got it second hand, and hope she doesn't spot the name engraving... ;-)

Overall mainly positive reviews here even if the razor isn't going to become most folks favourite. That's interesting because elsewhere it's being hailed as the game changer. Allegedly folks are selling off their collections because of this, 'The One'.

First shave complete. Two pass one wtg and one xtg. With a feather blade
The first pass was very audible but seemed to be cutting with ease, second pass xtg the razor was deadly quiet asif the blade was not in it.
I never aim for Bbs as I always have a shadow anyway so I see no point. But I have ended up with dfs pretty effortlessly.

I have got abit of irritation on my neck
But I think that was probably my poor technique. Plus my neck is really sensitive.

I also shaved my head with it. Beats any DE I've ever used for head shaving. If I can master my neck with it over the next few days this could be a game changer for me

Thanks for checking in and reporting your initial findings @sc0tt :)

Updated list:

1. The Geordie Shaver - complete
2. p.b - complete
3. riverrun - complete
4. rowlers - complete
5. Nishy - complete
6. rolatruck - complete
7. Fergiebilly - complete
8. Rufus Firefly - complete
9. MPH - complete
10. 1morepasswill - complete
11. missingskin - complete
12. fly3k - complete
13. @ajh101 - complete
14. @sc0tt*

*Currently with

LIST (DEFINITELY NOW!) CLOSED

Well after a good amount of shaves with the one blade I have decided it's just not for me, I cannot master it around my neck. It's a brilliant piece of engineering and is solidly built.
Unfortunately it was not the game changer I had initially thought I could be

If you send me your address @Nico1970 will get the oneblade sent on it last part of its journey home

Back
Top Bottom