Closed Pass Around - One Blade SE Razor

But if you dont get on with the feather blades, you have an alternative.

Yes I agree that if I owned one of these razors I would probably use that modification, but as i dont already own one, it would put me off buying one if you had to go to those efforts just to enjoy the razor.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like it simply for the way it looks, and it's a good shave on the feathers (for one or two shaves), but for me having to use these modifications would stop me using the GEMs. Lazy is my middle name!! :)

Matt

Yes I agree that if I owned one of these razors I would probably use that modification, but as i dont already own one, it would put me off buying one if you had to go to those efforts just to enjoy the razor.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like it simply for the way it looks, and it's a good shave on the feathers (for one or two shaves), but for me having to use these modifications would stop me using the GEMs. Lazy is my middle name!! :)

Matt
Paying a Premium price for a Razor such as the OneBlade & Not going to this Trouble to Modify a Blade for it isn't being Lazy because its Just so Darn Crazy..Oh..That Rhymed..I should have been a Poet..:p:D:p

Billy

So I had my last shave with the Oneblade this morning and my final conclusion is that I like the razor. It is stunning to behold, and is made very well. Does it live up to the hype they threw out about it..... Looks wise yes, but in use it could probably NEVER live up to that sort of marketing unless it could shave you, cook your dinner, wash up and come with a free Kelly Brooke!!! :)

However, saying that I rate the shaves with either blade right up there with my AS-D2 (for me high praise) but maybe not quite up with my mongoose.

My main issue is that the blades don't last for long with me, and I just can't understand why they built this razor for those blades??? If there were a genuine selection of blades to use then I would buy one (on black Friday) but I just don't think I could do so if I had to hack up other blades regularly to get more shaves per blade. Hopefully one day they will introduce one that can take other blades....even a DE version???

Having given my (not good) feelings on the company before I thought I would check out their website to see how much these sell for now. Unless I am wrong it appears there is another LE being sold. This one isn't Black and I get the impression the only difference is a unique serial number..... Guess how much.... $1000...... Hmmmmmmmm says it all really.

Anyway last I have to express my huge appreciation to @Nico1970 for trusting me with this beautiful and valuable razor. This razor for me was one of those itches that I knew I had to scratch one day, so THANK YOU!!!!!!

Also big thanks to @riverrun for supplying us all with GEM blades!

I'll get it posted to the next lucky recipient early in the week.

Matt :)

So I had my last shave with the Oneblade this morning and my final conclusion is that I like the razor. It is stunning to behold, and is made very well. Does it live up to the hype they threw out about it..... Looks wise yes, but in use it could probably NEVER live up to that sort of marketing unless it could shave you, cook your dinner, wash up and come with a free Kelly Brooke!!! :)

However, saying that I rate the shaves with either blade right up there with my AS-D2 (for me high praise) but maybe not quite up with my mongoose.

My main issue is that the blades don't last for long with me, and I just can't understand why they built this razor for those blades??? If there were a genuine selection of blades to use then I would buy one (on black Friday) but I just don't think I could do so if I had to hack up other blades regularly to get more shaves per blade. Hopefully one day they will introduce one that can take other blades....even a DE version???

Having given my (not good) feelings on the company before I thought I would check out their website to see how much these sell for now. Unless I am wrong it appears there is another LE being sold. This one isn't Black and I get the impression the only difference is a unique serial number..... Guess how much.... $1000...... Hmmmmmmmm says it all really.

Anyway last I have to express my huge appreciation to @Nico1970 for trusting me with this beautiful and valuable razor. This razor for me was one of those itches that I knew I had to scratch one day, so THANK YOU!!!!!!

Also big thanks to @riverrun for supplying us all with GEM blades!

I'll get it posted to the next lucky recipient early in the week.

Matt :)
Looking forward to it [emoji3]

Finally getting around to sharing my thoughts on the OneBlade after it's first use on Thursday night.
Echoing the thoughts of everyone else on the passaround I felt the overall fit , finish and presentation of the razor and its storage case etc were top class.
It certainly hits the mark when considering the look and feel of the materials used to give the user the feel that they are handling a reassuringly expensive piece of hardware, so 10/10 for that.

I put a Feather in it for it's first use since it is what the manufacturer decided was the "best" blade for it. I found it very smooth and a very close shave and even though my wife informed me just prior to shaving that we were going out for dinner in 10 minutes as I lathered up there were no rushed nicks or cuts. Who doesn't love to eat out though , so it was a nice problem to have!

Much like when I first used a Mongoose and a Stealth Slant there is a unique feel to the shave with it for me. Granted for anyone who read my mini SOTD review you will have noted I actually used all new products for the shave so this can cloud an accurate review of any one product in the shave but I think the razor and blade used are pretty easy to assess even in light of this.
Like the Mongoose , ATT S1 and the Merkur Futur to a lesser extent for me ; 2 passes was plenty to get BBS with it. I did get the feeling I was being pretty reckless even after a few strokes but for me it cut close but with the feel of a mild razor and the result in the end bore this out.
I have only used it the once and I'm just about to use it for a 2nd time but so far the only drawbacks for me are that I found because of the pivoting head it was a bit clumsy at getting a straight line at the sideburns and going against the grain on the top lip would be the only occasion I could cut myself. I felt to get in close ATG on the top lip right under the nose the head would dig into the skin a touch to readily. However I'm sure I'll get used to it sufficiently in the short time I have the use of it to increase my skill level in these area's.

One other thing to note as have others who have used these Feather blades is that during my 2nd and last pass I felt the blade start to lose it's sharpness but I couldn't be sure. I'll start this next shave with the same blade and if this is the case I'll try one of the GEM blades in it. Either way I'm looking forward to the next week or so with the OneBlade. Thanks again @Nico1970 for the generosity in allowing this new and pricey piece of kit to pass through all our greasy little mittens and to everyone else who has ensured it has passed along the list safely.

Last edited:
Finally getting around to sharing my thoughts on the OneBlade after it's first use on Thursday night.
Echoing the thoughts of everyone else on the passaround I felt the overall fit , finish and presentation of the razor and its storage case etc were top class.
It certainly hits the mark when considering the look and feel of the materials used to give the user the feel that they are handling a reassuringly expensive piece of hardware, so 10/10 for that.

I put a Feather in it for it's first use since it is what the manufacturer decided was the "best" blade for it. I found it very smooth and a very close shave and even though my wife informed me just prior to shaving that we were going out for dinner in 10 minutes as I lathered up there were no rushed nicks or cuts. Who doesn't love to eat out though , so it was a nice problem to have!

Much like when I first used a Mongoose and a Stealth Slant there is a unique feel to the shave with it for me. Granted for anyone who read my mini SOTD review you will have noted I actually used all new products for the shave so this can cloud an accurate review of any one product in the shave but I think the razor and blade used are pretty easy to assess even in light of this.
Like the Mongoose , ATT S1 and the Merkur Futur to a lesser extent for me ; 2 passes was plenty to get BBS with it. I did get the feeling I was being pretty reckless even after a few strokes but for me it cut close but with the feel of a mild razor and the result in the end bore this out.
I have only used it the once and I'm just about to use it for a 2nd time but so far the only drawbacks for me are that I found because of the pivoting head it was a bit clumsy at getting a straight line at the sideburns and going against the grain on the top lip would be the only occasion I could cut myself. I felt to get in close ATG on the top lip right under the nose the head would dig into the skin a touch to readily. However I'm sure I'll get used to it sufficiently in the short time I have the use of it to increase my skill level in these area's.

One other thing to note as have others who have used these Feather blades is that during my 2nd and last pass I felt the blade start to lose it's sharpness but I couldn't be sure. I'll start this next shave with the same blade and if this is the case I'll try one of the GEM blades in it. Either way I'm looking forward to the next week or so with the OneBlade. Thanks again @Nico1970 for the generosity in allowing this new and pricey piece of kit to pass through all our greasy little mittens and to everyone else who has ensured it has passed along the list safely.
I feel those Feather Blades Loosing their Sharpness towards the End of the 1st Shave with them An All..I can only speak for myself but I Dump them Afterwards..That's what the Manufacture's of the OneBlade recommend anyway..They Obviously Know the Script with them..:)

Billy

I feel those Feather Blades Loosing their Sharpness towards the End of the 1st Shave with them An All..I can only speak for myself but I Dump them Afterwards..That's what the Manufacture's of the OneBlade recommend anyway..They Obviously Know the Script with them..:)

Billy
Just had my 2nd shave with the razor and that same blade. It's in the blade bin, although I've achieved bbs and a great shave that 2nd pushed the blade to its absolute maximum. I've got a couple of weepers and some neck redness which wasn't a problem with the first use. I'll be trying the de spined GEM bladed next.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom