New Edwin Jagger head - just too easy!

Just spoke to a lovely lady at the English Shaving Co, and my stuff is winging it way to me!!

Excellent customer service from them.

If you have nothing by friday PC, I would give them a call.

Pig Cat said:
Yep, it's crazy how thoughts of pilfering postmen enter your head - glad it's not just me!

I must say that Amazon Prime is well worth the money. Pretty much everything I've ordered this way has turned up the next day. All for a single one-off payment. :geek:

Amazon has to be the best online retailer. It's almost spooky. Their service has always been first rate and I have received goods the very next day in most cases. Other companies should take note!

We once ordered a CD player which ate a CD of ours. They sent a courier with a replacement the very next day, picked up the faulty one, and also replaced the CD that got eaten.

Fantastic!

John

It's here and it's beautiful!!! :D Much heavier than I expected it to be. It just looks and feels solid and quality. It came with a pack of Derby blades which I'm very happy with, plus samples of EJ aftershave lotion and shaving cream, both Aloe Vera. I didn't shave yesterday so I'm going to give it a bit of a workout on its first outing. Did I mention that I've got the lined version:

DE89L.jpg

For some reason TESC has no longer got this razor on its website.

mine arrived this morning...ordered Monday here today...also the lined...excellent service from The English Shaving Co

merkur futur has been relegated for time being...see how she gets on

Nivlo, I suspect you'll love it. I certainly do. Had a midday shave. Not the prep I'd have liked, just a hot flannel to the chops for a couple of minutes. Lathered up some TOBS Rose then got to work with the DE89 and a Feather. It was just so easy. Almost like using a cartridge, though a multiblade would never have got through my stubble today, it was too thick. The weight was just right. I ditched my Futur because it was just too big. I like the Superspeeds I've got but now realise I need something with a bit more heft. The DE89 is somewhere in between the two. It also looks wonderful as you can see from the pic I posted earlier. Oh, and finished off with some of Henk's excellent ASB.

:shave - :shave - :shave - :shave

anyone wanna buy a merkur futur cheap....just had a quick flash wiv me newun and super smooth...but i will hav a "proper" go in the morning, cant wait

thnx guys for the heads up

Pig Cat said:
Nivlo, I suspect you'll love it. I certainly do. Had a midday shave. Not the prep I'd have liked, just a hot flannel to the chops for a couple of minutes. Lathered up some TOBS Rose then got to work with the DE89 and a Feather. It was just so easy. Almost like using a cartridge, though a multiblade would never have got through my stubble today, it was too thick. The weight was just right. I ditched my Futur because it was just too big. I like the Superspeeds I've got but now realise I need something with a bit more heft. The DE89 is somewhere in between the two. It also looks wonderful as you can see from the pic I posted earlier. Oh, and finished off with some of Henk's excellent ASB.

:shave - :shave - :shave - :shave

:D :D :D

You now have in your posession one of the finest examples of Anglo-Bosch facial deforestation engineering. Sure is a purdy lil' thang, too.

picked mine up this morning. First impressions - its the same as the HD, but the finish on it certainly appears better.
Got some aloe samples as well, but didnt try them.

Thought I would try a red IP blade, as per fido's set up. Lathered with Proraso soap. One of the best shaves I have had. 2 passes and it was a DFS. I went for a 3rd pass, atg ( which I dont normally do). No problem. No irritation - didnt feel the alum as much as I normally do either. Simply brilliant. No issues with the black handle either, no slippage, felt solid in my hand.

Can you tell I like it yet!! :shave

It seems less agressive than the HD for sure. I think ( for now at least), my RAD is cured.

i love my DE87, i had a merkur 1904 before hand, and combined with a gillette blade (bleue or superthin) the EJ gives me one of the smoothest, most irritation free shaves ive ever had.

Hiya,

I have to go against the grain here and say this newer head design just doesn't fit me properly. I tried the DE89 and also a Lined Chatsworth, and neither of em did the trick.

By now I can use various razors and not have to worry about any nicks or red spots. Sometimes I have to pay more attention to detail with an aggressive razor, but it's not a problem as long as I go slowly. In other words, I can adjust my technique as needed.

I wanted to like these razors, but they tried to hurt me. I used an Iridium and a Feather blade for three shaves each, which gave me plenty of time to figure things out. I figured out I didn't like this head design.........heh.

It's not an aggressive razor, but it shaves like one. I need to pay too much attention to detail with this thing, and that's a problem. A few times I found myself with a couple red spots that shouldn't have been there with the care I was taking. Weird deal.

The quality is excellent for both razors I tried........very good fit and finish. The Chatsworth was waaaaay too heavy for me, and it made the shave even tougher than the lighter DE89 handle.

Oh well, you gotta try em yourself to see what's up. After reading all the great reviews I was surprised at the results on my face. Sheeesh, what a goofy 'hobby'.

Martin

Dodgy, you have used two of the sharpest blades out there, the EJ do like something sharp but I would go down a notch on the blade sharpness before ditching it, granted you may still not like it but it is worth a try. I did not like Feathers or Irridiums in my EJ either.

I would recommend a Gillette Yellow, Super Thin, Kai, or something on a par with these.

Back
Top Bottom