New Edwin Jagger head - just too easy!

I could not put it off any longer. Just ordered the DE86 (black handle) from the English Shaving Co. With all this talk about how great it is, I simply have to try it!

Just ordered one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DE89Ldb5%7C%7C@cTraditional%20safety%20&%20double%20edge%20razors@bEdwin%20Jagger%7C0%7Cuser%7C%7C15%7C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com ... 7C%7C15%7C</a><!-- m -->

Massive link. :? If it doesn't work then it's a discounted lined chrome DE89. I was keen on the Muhle open-comb but got swayed reading about the Edwin Jagger which is similar. I'm not sure about the OC version so I reckon this should be good. Very good I hope. I'll let you know how I get on. :D

Edit: Just to explain the discount, I became a member of TESC and the price went down to £17.85. Postage brought total to £21.15.

Boab said:
puff.
Don't fear the comb

I was put off by an old Gillette OC razor that I found in an antiques shop. It felt crap on my face so now I think they'll all be like that. Anyway, I've ordered one now so I won't need any more razors, certainly not an OC. Er...probably. :?

lol until the next one,I was planning on getting the straight bar version of this head too.

Boab said:
lol until the next one,I was planning on getting the straight bar version of this head too.

If you're referring to the Muhle R89, maybe think about an Edwin Jagger DE 86/87/89 instead. You'll get the same EJ/Muhle head as the one on the Muhle R89, which you can plonk on your R41oc handle - leaving you with a spare EJ handle to attach to your open comb head.

Or to put it simply (though not necessarily accurately): two razors for the price of one.

Just a thought.

Just got a Muhle R89 and shaved with it this morning.

It's everything I've read about and more! :mrgreen:

Ok, so it's not quite as heavy or sturdy as the HD, and the handle feels a little bit tinny (in comparison!) but wow, what a shave.

It's definitely a notch or two milder than the HD, which was almost right for me, but i did have occasional bad days with it. ATG pass was effortless using a Crystal.

Very impressed - shave was very comfortable, not a spot of blood, and only very mild irritation on the right hand side of my neck (which vanished after 10 mins or so).

The only negative, for me, was the fact that it's a three-piece. It's a bit more effort to load than the HD, but I believe this is worth it. The blade sits dead straight, with no margin for error.

The HD allows improper loading as there is some play. It's possible to load the blade at a slight angle, if you're not careful!

John

Audiolab said:
Same here my HD is tight but the slant has a bit of play in the blade. Did you notice it with any blade in particular?

I would say most blades, perhaps some more than others. There definitely is some play, not as much as the Slant though.

Maybe my copy is not typical of an HD. Merkur's QC has always been a bit patchy, in my experience.

The new Muhle head is bang on every time!

John

Still waitimg to try my DE86. Ordered it a week ago from English Shaving Co. and still nothing from the postie!

They will be getting a call tomorrow :x

JaseB said:
Still waitimg to try my DE86. Ordered it a week ago from English Shaving Co. and still nothing from the postie!

They will be getting a call tomorrow :x

Oh crap! I was fully expecting the postie to deliver mine tomorrow morning. Now I'm not so sure... :cry:

Nothing sucks more than waiting on the postie to bring you a new toy doesn't it. That is the only bad thing about online shopping, you order it and you want it next day.

You see the postman in the street, he walks up your path and your wee heart thinks "YES!!! he has my new Razor/Soap (or other gadget/gizmo)". Then all you get is a statement or junk mail and the heart sinks.

After a while you start thinking he might have stole it himself or a neighbour may have it. It is a vicious circle but I am sure it will arrive for you soon. It will be worth the wait.

Yep, it's crazy how thoughts of pilfering postmen enter your head - glad it's not just me!

I must say that Amazon Prime is well worth the money. Pretty much everything I've ordered this way has turned up the next day. All for a single one-off payment. :geek:

Audiolab said:
Nothing sucks more than waiting on the postie to bring you a new toy doesn't it. That is the only bad thing about online shopping, you order it and you want it next day.

You see the postman in the street, he walks up your path and your wee heart thinks "YES!!! he has my new Razor/Soap (or other gadget/gizmo)". Then all you get is a statement or junk mail and the heart sinks.

After a while you start thinking he might have stole it himself or a neighbour may have it. It is a vicious circle but I am sure it will arrive for you soon. It will be worth the wait.

:lol:

Spot on.

When I first started this lark, I couldn't wait for the delivery. Now I savour the waiting -- it's all part of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom