August Aquisitions

5LJ49_AS02_1000x1000.jpg
Genuinely tempted, the thing will not budge. I feel like I must be missing a trick and my last brain cells have given up, or I got a dud

Only a suggestion. I don't think I have a problem with mine. The bottom screw tightens everything together. It was slightly loose on mine when I moved the top dial
Sadly no such luck at any level of tightness, the dial is just not turning. Not ruling myself out as being a tad dim today, but I've dropped shaving time a mail.

Will it push up or down just a hair, or is it absolutely solid?

And does the head open and close or is it stuck too?
The bottom loosens and the top cap comes off with no dramas, the actual dial itself is just solid. There doesn't appear to be any play at all, either rotational or vertical.

It almost looks like it's stuck between the 1 & 6 setting. If I get time in the morning I'll try and get a light into it and see if I can see anything.

Got an early minty version ER Streamline, a manufacturing problem re seating of blade spring but holds blade perfectly.Has found a Home in a clamshell box which was missing a Razor.

View attachment 75416 View attachment 75417

View attachment 75418
Good catch!
I got lucky fixing this issue before by passing a paperclip through the hole from the top and angling it forward as you close the lid, popping the retention clip back through the hole. Otherwise, the cap has to come off ... or leave it.

DCD630A3-56A5-4360-99D1-5B58AF987DF5.jpeg5C5E6225-A4D8-4726-A452-FBF97343A56B.jpeg3D53EFC2-DC80-4027-8189-3CC03B6BBCA5.jpeg7ADCC7BF-20BD-44A4-AD8D-A08F6030C495.jpeg1B4927B0-171A-4FA5-91AB-F5F84C62535F.jpeg
A nice set of parcels on my mat after my week away. Shaved with the Stirling Citron Soap and Aftershave today and I love it, dropped straight into my group of soaps for weekly use. The Yaqi has a nice scent but mild, will be interested to see how it goes tomorrow. Finally the Hampshire Wool Fat no. 2 which completes my collection of all three! Fits nicely in a shampoo bar tin I had spare!

Good catch!
I got lucky fixing this issue before by passing a paperclip through the hole from the top and angling it forward as you close the lid, popping the retention clip back through the hole. Otherwise, the cap has to come off ... or leave it.
Or install the blade and close it, but he's done that already, the tab may be just too short. I seem to remember another Streamline with the same problem at B&B several years ago. The curvature of the cap may require a longer tab and they just used the wrong one from the factory, that's probably why it looks so nice, it wasn't used much.

Good catch!
Hi Paul,
When you put a blade in and close the lid the clip does show in the top lid hole. The spring clip is very strong.

Or install the blade and close it, but he's done that already, the tab may be just too short. I seem to remember another Streamline with the same problem at B&B several years ago. The curvature of the cap may require a longer tab and they just used the wrong one from the factory, that's probably why it looks so nice, it wasn't used much.
Do not think it has been used at all, no wear or even a hint of soap residue anywhere.

One of Billy Graham's 3" hanging strops and the Hampshire Wool Fat #3.

The #3 (May Chang) smells lovely and it's a nice slick soap. I had imagined it bigger in my mind but 50g for a fiver delivered I'm happy. I put mine in one of those glass ramekins like you get Gü puds in as it's about the same diameter and soft so easy to get in. It comes in cling film so having a pot to put it in is much better for brush loading.
20210815_211923.jpg

Last edited:
Will it push up or down just a hair, or is it absolutely solid?

And does the head open and close or is it stuck too?
Tried to take a gander and couldn't see a thing. Just got in touch with David at Shaving Time and he said it sounds like a fault, the dial should turn regardless. Massive credit to him, he's getting another sent out today (and he's going to open it up and check it's working), great customer service there and no faff with returns, just suggested keeping the top cap and binning the rest.

Back
Top Bottom