August Aquisitions

My Kent Infinity+ arrived today and I used it this evening ...

It's a slightly larger, wider and more dense knot than the basic Infinity and sat into a slightly larger and more ergonomic handle. The fibre makes for a really good face scrubber! I clicked straight back into synthetic shaving, building up a from a dry lather with water, little by little until it bloomed to perfection.

I am going to enjoy this brush :love:
I also prefer ever so slightly scritchy and scrubby brushes for face lathering, - I'm intrigued - what size knot is this?

20210806_100730.jpg
A highly anticipated delivery from Belarus.
I rate my 2 soaps from TDS Kosmetika very highly so I placed another order to include a couple of aftershave lotions - one has Rose notes the other is Sensitive alcohol free - I think!(Google translate!)
Also ordered Sheeps Milk, Lavender & Woody Resinous and Lilac notes shave soaps as well as an exfoliating Himalaya body soap. It'll be a while before they slip into my rotation but I will look forward to using these.

still waiting for some soaps from Connaught shaving, ordered e/o June... lost in the Channel, apparently the new normal after the Brexit.
Now getting stuff from the UK into mainland Europe is a challenge. I hope this situation will straighten up soon.
Otherwise that would be a pity for UK commerce...
I was impressed with service from TDS Kosmetika - 10 days from order to receiving all the way from Belarus. Big thumbs up from me.

I also prefer ever so slightly scritchy and scrubby brushes for face lathering, - I'm intrigued - what size knot is this?

Nothing official on the website, but by eye is 24mm and 57mm high. I've compared to known 22mm and 23mm, and it appears a little wider at the base. Handle is 55mm. It's the INF2 model.

Kent made the jump to synthetic, discontinuing their badgers ... and so those nice handles that had badgers now have (other) synthetics. This specific model (the INF2) is the old generation Silvertex fibre. In the more basic Infinity (INF1) is can be a bit springy and prone to splatter. In this format it works a LOT better. Super loader which starts the lather building off dry, allowing you to get it absolutely perfect. I can see it being amazing with MWF/Kent soap.

Very happy! It's "in rotation" now ...

Great thing about synthetics is, once you've munged it into your face for a few months and it's all a bit worn in ... just dunk in a mug of boiling water, comb through and the knot is reset.

Nothing official on the website, but by eye is 24mm and 57mm high. I've compared to known 22mm and 23mm, and it appears a little wider at the base. Handle is 55mm. It's the INF2 model.

Kent made the jump to synthetic, discontinuing their badgers ... and so those nice handles that had badgers now have (other) synthetics. This specific model (the INF2) is the old generation Silvertex fibre. In the more basic Infinity (INF1) is can be a bit springy and prone to splatter. In this format it works a LOT better. Super loader which starts the lather building off dry, allowing you to get it absolutely perfect. I can see it being amazing with MWF/Kent soap.

Very happy! It's "in rotation" now ...

Great thing about synthetics is, once you've munged it into your face for a few months and it's all a bit worn in ... just dunk in a mug of boiling water, comb through and the knot is reset.
I have the ISS01 and it’s a great wee face latherer. It is prone to a bit whiplash, due to its springiness. Very good as a travel brush (remember travel?).

My made in a factory and delivered by petrol vehicle Eco soaps arrived :unsure:

AM-JKLUlQVsywaa1-0dA3aujqdPMGuhhqJ8lhcSHktJH8-V_sZmBiOax7D6msXBBiyF9dXZmLnXLUeO2hNfNo6zoAxyEJUnFamRJPb5gRfsKVH3kezJOCm75doBfBUfvnwtQQNNqnGry36TDZ49MvdAoc1HiaA=w800

View attachment 74922
A highly anticipated delivery from Belarus.
I rate my 2 soaps from TDS Kosmetika very highly so I placed another order to include a couple of aftershave lotions - one has Rose notes the other is Sensitive alcohol free - I think!(Google translate!)
Also ordered Sheeps Milk, Lavender & Woody Resinous and Lilac notes shave soaps as well as an exfoliating Himalaya body soap. It'll be a while before they slip into my rotation but I will look forward to using these.
I love the rose ASL personally. And the lilac's a grower. First couple of uses seemed sour/rancid but I now rate it highly. Works perfectly with 4711 cologne

This haul is a bit of a cheat since it’s been a couple of months in the making - waiting for me to pick up from Athens. Had to support these greek artisans!

5 soaps and matching splashes from Have A Great Shave
4 Kerkini soaps with matching splashes/balms - plus 1 balm to match the Eve soap I already had
3 Savon Mystere soaps (Dimitris, the artisan who makes these soaps is affectionately known as ‘The Doctor’ in the Greek shaving community as he really is a doctor)

5E79A9DB-597B-4A1B-9ACA-F038C3BE5612.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom