August Aquisitions

Three days into the new months and no one has posted up a new thread for this month?

Come on gents you are letting yourselves down.

Well, someone will have to start a thread for this month so it may as well be me.

It's not really a purchase but something I am borrowing from my dad, maybe borrowing for my 'permanent collection'

It's a seldom seen Wilkinson Sword Flip top, I will use it for tomorrow's shave.

Flip Top 1.jpg

Flip Top 2.jpg

Flip Top 3.jpg

Three days into the new months and no one has posted up a new thread for this month?

Come on gents you are letting yourselves down.

Well, someone will have to start a thread for this month so it may as well be me.

It's not really a purchase but something I am borrowing from my dad, maybe borrowing for my 'permanent collection'

It's a seldom seen Wilkinson Sword Flip top, I will use it for tomorrow's shave.

View attachment 74727

View attachment 74728

View attachment 74729
Sweet! I am sure it is, but do we know if this was another Kenneth Grange designed Wilko?

Did I really buy this? The wooden one

All will be revealed in due course
I've looked that these before and mulled over the metal one ... the handle, I like. If that's what you're really buying it for, sound! You can pop any head on it.

375x500.45285.jpg

View attachment 74792
At last, I've got a Wilkinson sword sticky!
This was delivered today and I will be using the razor for tonight's shave.
Great couple of extras courtesy of @Rohleder , cheers James, top man.

Paul.

Ah! You bought it! Good lad. I ummed and ahhed but I have had one before. Good to hear it'll be a new experience for someone. Will you be loading Wilkinson Sword vintage into it? I have a feeling it would work VERY well indeed with a modern (German) Wilkinson Sword blade and probably super-super-smooth with a (German) Personna Platinum Chrome.

Have a lot of fun!

Ah! You bought it! Good lad. I ummed and ahhed but I have had one before. Good to hear it'll be a new experience for someone. Will you be loading Wilkinson Sword vintage into it? I have a feeling it would work VERY well indeed with a modern (German) Wilkinson Sword blade and probably super-super-smooth with a (German) Personna Platinum Chrome.

Have a lot of fun!
Thank you, I will be using my current blade of choice, Souplex (German)
I've been on the lookout for one of these razors in the right condition and at the right price for a long time, I'm quite excited about tonight's shave.

Paul.

Ahhhh, box-fresh vintage! Nothing quite like it ...

AM-JKLUqqpoM4Xh5SzycLPA3yT2HVhm_7vVZQYSHU0bEIHxkAti2Omy6llhhfiVzmI8BnOdjGz5rCPJxIntKZtfx3hHe_FGYOG-gL5MKRhSgR05Ll0CiIqJ0a7afOp7kilh2k5jbwc7GxOODihHh1vgvTSeWpw=s1200

Oh, my ...

Test lather :love: I could not wait!

That is THICK!!! Like icing sugar thick! It's mentholated, but not in the modern sense where your face burns, it's a gentle waft of cooling loveliness. Scent? Immediately, I thought lavendar, but I was wrong ... it's darker but still floral. Lilac is more likely, but I think it's got jasmine in there as well. Manly floral (if that's such a thing) like the scents from TDS, the Ukranian soap maker.

Oh, my ...

Test lather :love: I could not wait!

That is THICK!!! Like icing sugar thick! It's mentholated, but not in the modern sense where your face burns, it's a gentle waft of cooling loveliness. Scent? Immediately, I thought lavendar, but I was wrong ... it's darker but still floral. Lilac is more likely, but I think it's got jasmine in there as well. Manly floral (if that's such a thing) like the scents from TDS, the Ukranian soap maker.
Sounds wonderful!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom