August Aquisitions

Some new gear from America
Got the wife's birthday next month so bought her a watch in the sales and decided to get some shave gear from murphey & mcneil and the razor company I went for the below.

.Hub city wtx soap and splash
. Crowne and crane tobacco caramel soap and balm
.Murphey & Mcneil st james soap, splash balm and EDP
20210820_173909.jpg20210820_173820.jpg20210820_173805.jpg20210820_173733.jpg20210820_173708.jpg20210820_173629.jpg20210820_173619.jpg20210820_173524.jpg

Its a 27mm boar knot bought from Boti and set to about 58mm. Total cost of the brush including shipping was around £15. The glue is still curing so I haven't used it yet

Thanks for the info, it's a very nice looking pig, a very big pig though!

Is it unbleached? Looks like it is. I bought a nice flat boar knot from Oumo which I used a few times, but never really taken to it. My cheap Omega pigs seem to be the ones I tend to favour more than the others.

Thanks for the info, it's a very nice looking pig, a very big pig though!

Is it unbleached? Looks like it is. I bought a nice flat boar knot from Oumo which I used a few times, but never really taken to it. My cheap Omega pigs seem to be the ones I tend to favour more than the others.
Yes ....it is big....but I think it looks right. Will be starting the shampooing tonight.

I would never contaminate a good boar with nasty badger fuzz.

I just can't let that go unchallenged, even if in jest...you have to give a Semogue mistura a whirl, they really are very, very good knots, quite unique in their face feel. Would even be ok with sending you one to try out. As for the Vulfix bodger, they are badger / boar mix in name only, you could probably count the number of badger hairs these knots have on your fingers and toes, they are for all intensive purpose boar knots.

I just can't let that go unchallenged, even if in jest...you have to give a Semogue mistura a whirl, they really are very, very good knots, quite unique in their face feel. Would even be ok with sending you one to try out. As for the Vulfix bodger, they are badger / boar mix in name only, you could probably count the number of badger hairs these knots have on your fingers and toes, they are for all intensive purpose boar knots.

I can't remember who has one here but they have posted pictures of their Vulfix bodger many times in SOTD threads and it looks just like a boar, so much when the knot is wet it doesn't even look like a mixed brush!

IMG_20210820_213739.jpg

Picked up a bar of the ECO Warrior shaving bar, which even though it's only been on the high streets for a year or two is about to be reformulated and according to Kevy who's used a few of the new formulas he was less than impressed with it.

Out of the box, it has a nice mild lime scent and it's a decent chunky 100g bar of soap. Even though it's not advertised as being triple milled it's a very firm piece of soap. I will give it a go for tomorrow's shave.

View attachment 75663

Picked up a bar of the ECO Warrior shaving bar, which even though it's only been on the high streets for a year or two is about to be reformulated and according to Kevy who's used a few of the new formulas he was less than impressed with it.

Out of the box, it has a nice mild lime scent and it's a decent chunky 100g bar of soap. Even though it's not advertised as being triple milled it's a very firm piece of soap. I will give it a go for tomorrow's shave.
It's good stuff. (In my opinion) I took delivery of a few today as well. That should see me out for a few years!

View attachment 75663

I grated mine into a Bulldog bamboo bowl and lather traditionally. I know @culcreuch likes to use it like a shave stick and guess that's how you're intended to use a shaving bar. You'll find your way. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm just waving the team banner, don't mind me. ;)

Beautiful snatch there! By the time I got to paying the edp was gone … so I decided to pass on that lol! Looking forward to hear your thoughts about it!
Aye man, it was the artwork that brought me in on this one, then description sealed it. I would have grabbed the soap and splash regardless, the EDP was a swing and prayer as I knew they were short stocked. I'll run it past the Mrs for a proper description, my limited ability to describe goes as far as "good" or "bad".

Aye man, it was the artwork that brought me in on this one, then description sealed it. I would have grabbed the soap and splash regardless, the EDP was a swing and prayer as I knew they were short stocked. I'll run it past the Mrs for a proper description, my limited ability to describe goes as far as "good" or "bad".
It is a great one! And collaboration between 3 big artisans so it definitely worth grabbing haha! But trifecta was way more tempting to me! Awesome - looking forward to both your opinions!

Well, it's arrived from The USA today. I got the email to tell me that the package from American was being delivered today about 30 minutes after today's run out, or, I would have waited for it to arrive. I must say, the team at RE have done a fantastic job, looks brand new! Also got a leather case for it; it is as old as me, so want to make sure it's looked after. Definitely getting used tomorrow with a bit of barbershop. Only choice is blade pairing, Perma sharp or Nacet? Mmmm - I'll have a little ponder!

Attachments

• IMG_20210823_105048__01.jpg
    IMG_20210823_105048__01.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210823_104931__01.jpg
    IMG_20210823_104931__01.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210823_105134.jpg
    IMG_20210823_105134.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210823_104958.jpg
    IMG_20210823_104958.jpg