Acquisitions - September 2021

Had intended to order a couple, but got carried away and ended up with four. If they are half as good as Paul says, I may be on the slippery slope :cry:
I have over 100 3ml vials, maybe a dozen 6ml vials of what I consider more special oils and a good dozen 8ml/10ml mostly the new stuff from Al Aneeq. I went down that rabbit hole good and proper ...

After trying a few smellalikes, a few classic Arabian blends and a handful of others that you just liked the sound of, I think it's worth seeking out single scents of the things you really like ... be it amber, patchouli, rose or musk. You can always add a dot of the single scent to any pre-blended oil to give your little twist on it.

Also remember that these oils do last and can often last certainly overnight and into the next day ... and beyond. What is fun is building up on top of the last oil. Think of it more like a constantly re-forming landscape akin to sand dunes in the desert. No two times that you use any oil will it be the same.

I have over 100 3ml vials, maybe a dozen 6ml vials of what I consider more special oils and a good dozen 8ml/10ml mostly the new stuff from Al Aneeq. I went down that rabbit hole good and proper ...

After trying a few smellalikes, a few classic Arabian blends and a handful of others that you just liked the sound of, I think it's worth seeking out single scents of the things you really like ... be it amber, patchouli, rose or musk. You can always add a dot of the single scent to any pre-blended oil to give your little twist on it.

Also remember that these oils do last and can often last certainly overnight and into the next day ... and beyond. What is fun is building up on top of the last oil. Think of it more like a constantly re-forming landscape akin to sand dunes in the desert. No two times that you use any oil will it be the same.
Great and useful advice Paul, will take it on board (y)

05FD5207-A209-4714-9EE5-CEFA866B2D66.jpeg
few acquisitions over last month… the bottom 3 razors and Gillette old head were loners from a friend who then let me have them at bargain price of £25 for the lot… and here I was supposed to be reducing the den a bit hah
73DDE719-BFED-44F0-89D2-FE6CC8BA3AAA.jpeg
also a box to store all my razors that don’t have their own boxes @Crossan got one first and then I have followed the footsteps haha! Fits in a fair few in here with some space for either smaller handle razors or razor heads

This week, I'll mostly be smelling like a lemony Spanish bloke. Make SWMBO homesick even though we're only just back. View attachment 77190
You don't get much more Spanish than that mate. I will never forgive the company for dropping their Barberia shaving soap though - one of the finest ever made in my opinion. Talking of things typically Spanish - have you ever tried the La Toja Magno bar soap? Unusual as it is tallow based and has a bucket of glycerin and lanolin in the formula. I know people who swear by it as a pre-shave soap. It has a unique scent - I'd be surprised if your other half didn't recognise it immediately. The best bit about it? The soap is black but the lather is white! I'm easily pleased. :) Below is a UK supplier - who also sell the Heno de Pravia Glicerina soap - again, highly rated as a pre-shave - cheers - I.

If it wasn't sold out I'd get some.
Sorry - hadn't noticed that - for some weird reason the x6 variant is in stock. I'm sure if you asked they'd sell you just three, I've always found them super-helpful to deal with. I notice from the site, that given all their stock is imported from Spain they have taken a proper Brexit kicking. - I.

Back
Top Bottom