Acquisitions - September 2021

@LeeMaz it's the KIA Stonic which is, as I understand the Hyundai Kona. I have a 2018 Mixx spec which I'm trading up for the Connect (pretty much same spec with a few more toys ... new name for the Mixx). EcoDynamics+ which is mild hybrid with clutch by wire (intelligent manual transmission???).

What attracted me initially was it's a fairy spartan box with a wheel at each corner with all the tech discreetly behind the dash. Good enough power (120 BHP) off a tiny turbo engine (999cc 3 cylinders), big enough to get into with loads of headroom even for a tall chap, high enough not to worry about speed bumps ... and I can get occasional lengths of 2.4m materials in to transport.

Yup! Does me ...

Having driven much nicer cars and way more powerful cars, I remain impressed enough to want another after 3 years on my first go with PCP (y)

Bunch of stuff recently I've been sorting thru slowly. Bought an Ever Ready Case with Mirror that had a Damaskeene Gem and what I really saw and WANTED........Travel size Bone Handle Star Little Brudder for my Bone handle Star Brush and also a Canister for it. Glad I spotted this all for $25 Brush next to it's only 22mm Big brother which gives and idea to how small it is. Pic was after test lather and while it still wet. A test lather with it after soaking the boar yielded great results with minimal shedding that I hope disappears as I think it will as used.
IMG_20210914_111916314_HDR.jpgIMG_20210914_111950963_HDR.jpgIMG_20210914_110715392_HDR.jpg

Shaver grade Tuckaway ... as arrived, manky and in need of a scrub:

AM-JKLXGurXAar83ywOEyc2Zzy90jp-hZ5xp76G3XZJq-cQJSh0ThOd-LoUSOGTiNtW7Wcco595yvilBGyblJuwvWvKcjjmSmra0DyqWs2kmMLTdta1wXJnGBQ7HXflLaJapIDuGPy4wjJruolDfigq6Q2e9Aw=s800

... washed and polished (Peek), ready for action:

AM-JKLVG4JOiMsk6d-5F4v-_0lQueTIkSYRBvV02clgdTzGdDJuWVfgWg3dPB55Rb2zeAQ5GoBj2U8M7zPtvGcoEYqtogBNS4nQlBaUdcK1IstLukM2uDSPlCHU4V65xWH4LEB4TsbeOBLxE40SbuFBVi6cDkg=s800

Serial Number is 90986B ... so how can I tell if this is a 106 or 126 head? Calling @TobyC

What a Brilliant job you’ve done.
i love seeing these items getting restored. Well Done
Cheers! Most of it can be done simply with Peek Polish and an old toothbrush. I also used cocktail sticks to pick off bits that wouldn't scrub away and a length of string to clean into the channel at the end of the handle. The combs are always the focal point for these razors and even when you think you've got it clean, under magnification ... you sigh, and have another go.

Well you'll be lifting the lid on something you won't be able to close ... but well worth doing so.
Check out my mega-thread over on ATG: https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/attar-عطار.3521/

Two approaches:

Paddle in the shallow waters enjoying familiar scents. There are loads of tobacco scents available as oils for literally nowt. You seem like the kind of fellow that can wear a strong scent, so do consider that Oud Malaki from the links above. The inclusion of rum makes it a really interesting scent blend.

The other approach is to jump off the high board and belly flop into the world of eastern perfumery by starting out with a small handful of classic blends: Jannat/ul Firdous (the "scent of heaven"), Hajre Aswad (the "black stone" ... of Mecca) and Mukhallat Malaki ("fit for a Prince") are three really quite different scents and the epitomy of such perfumery. You'll find these available through all manner of brands, but stick to Surrati, Swiss Arabian and Al Haramain (and perhaps Al Rehab) initially as these are the bigger houses.

Have fun!
Paul, you've inspired me, some oils ordered and on the way!

Me too. Bought the Oud Malaki and Tobacco Twist to try. I'm loving the Oud Malaki, yet to try the other but I shall be buying more soon I think!
Brill! I am very impressed with Al Aneeq ...

Oud Malaki is quite something! Oud Wafaa and Mukhallat Jameel are another pair I bought recently and enjoying very much. Oud Wafaa is a good sibling to Oud Malaki, plush leather and florals cleverly blended with artemisia to ensure they're not too feminine. It's a trick employed by practically all the powerhouse frags I could mention from Quorum to Ho Hang Club and everything in between. I'm not sure on Tobacco Twist. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. It has a twist ... I'm sure I'll find I like it with a few more goes.

For what I would call a lower tier blender, they're producing some really good scents.

Brill! I am very impressed with Al Aneeq ...

Oud Malaki is quite something! Oud Wafaa and Mukhallat Jameel are another pair I bought recently and enjoying very much. Oud Wafaa is a good sibling to Oud Malaki, plush leather and florals cleverly blended with artemisia to ensure they're not too feminine. It's a trick employed by practically all the powerhouse frags I could mention from Quorum to Ho Hang Club and everything in between. I'm not sure on Tobacco Twist. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. It has a twist ... I'm sure I'll find I like it with a few more goes.

For what I would call a lower tier blender, they're producing some really good scents.
I had a message from the seller suggesting the Oud Wafaa, so it's on my list

Back
Top Bottom