Acquisitions - September 2021

Well, a few additions. The only thing that's not quite hit the mark are the Wilkinson Sword blades as I thought I was getting some NOS ones to have a bash with. Turns out they are the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords, but I'm not really complaining, I've had 22 blades for £3.

I'm looking forward to using the Yaqi Mysterious Space 24mm silver tip tomorrow, it has already had a good soak, wash, lather, dry, wash and dry as there was a little funk that's now gone.

Picked up a sealed tuck of blue blades to go with the main arrival.

NOS Gillette Fat Handle Tech - The razor is immaculate, still with the cellophane sealed head, the bakelite case looks as if I've just taken it out of the cardboard box, there are 4 blue blades and 5 'thins'. I've tried to date it best I can, seems like it is about 1950/1/2/3 ish, but I don't know exactly without opening the sealed head and checking the bar and even that isn't accurate enough to get to better than where I am with dating it.

It seems an absolute shame to ruin it's current condition and start to shave with it. Everyone I have asked has said "Get another to shave with and keep that as it is." I'm still in two minds - I really want to shave with this beauty now I have it in my mitts. Maybe I will look for another to be chucking about my face!

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_184102__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20210908_184102__01__01.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210908_183755__01.jpg
    IMG_20210908_183755__01.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 10
Well, a few additions.

Picked up a sealed tuck of blue blades to go with the main arrival.

NOS Gillette Fat Handle Tech.

It seems an absolute shame to ruin it's current condition and start to shave with it.
Screenshot_20210908-193252_Chrome.jpg
If it was me and I have quite a few (ex) NOS razors in the den, I would use it. I love the satisfaction that the tool is being used. If you want to sell it on, keep it as is, however, to be the 1st to use it from the factory as is, will put a massive smile on your face and the razor will begin its journey, probably the only one on that day on our planet to be used fresh. Using the NOS blades will add to the experience.
Just my twopence.
Let me know.:love: I may have something else to put in it blade wise.
T

View attachment 76559
If it was me and I have quite a few (ex) NOS razors in the den, I would use it. I love the satisfaction that the tool is being used. If you want to sell it on, keep it as is, however, to be the 1st to use it from the factory as is, will put a massive smile on your face and the razor will begin its journey, probably the only one on that day on our planet to be used fresh. Using the NOS blades will add to the experience.
Just my twopence.
T

Likewise, I'd use it @Duffers782 ... lovely catch! I hope you do and I hope you really enjoy it.
+1 to these @Duffers782 - it's yours to use and enjoy. What would you be saving it for else?

View attachment 76559
Just my twopence.
T
Got to say I agree , unless you bought it to hold and make profit on I would unwrap it and enjoy it.

I love the satisfaction that the tool is being used.
As I said in my SOTD post, this morning I had the most satisfying shave I can remember! Beat my first shave with the birth year slim easily!

The blue blade gave lots of audio feedback, but weren't the smoothest, although I have had worse (Derby's). I've also got some of the Gillette Thin (Red) to try, what blades would you recommend then?
Once I've done a few of the older ones I now have, I'll have to start on some of my current favourites and maybe the older ones in my slim, as it was designed to use the older blades too!
Gary

As I said in my SOTD post, this morning I had the most satisfying shave I can remember! Beat my first shave with the birth year slim easily!

The blue blade gave lots of audio feedback, but weren't the smoothest, although I have had worse (Derby's). I've also got some of the Gillette Thin (Red) to try, what blades would you recommend then?
Once I've done a few of the older ones I now have, I'll have to start on some of my current favourites and maybe the older ones in my slim, as it was designed to use the older blades too!
Gary
The Blue Blades are uncoated , so won't compare in smoothness to modern blades , I have found with them shorter strokes helps to get a more comfortable shave as they are not as user friendly as modern coated blades. Enjoy the razor it looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom