Acquisitions - September 2021

Sparking Valet VC4:

AM-JKLWWWWH3ZKwN2sgAbxA7-fqlW-TN52PRsjUcy8Pl-eW3XhMrOcrtKoRLGbCU-8pCA1C9Si2sZsBPKxOSbMQoultA-EebuBwNh476tQW43vb-UdLmwix1Adp6TeMdSRm58ozZTy_NysjcqGxulJzQOH-lOw=s1304-no

Also ...

Al Aneeq Oud Malaki - Rum, Spice, Jasmine, Labdanum; Amber, Sandalwood, Cypriol, Vanilla; Tobacco, Oud, Animalic Notes
Al Aneeq Tobacco Twist - Neroli, Saffron, Lily of the Valley, Spicy Notes; Violet, Apricot, Coumarin, Amber, Cedar; Patchouli, Leather, Oud, Sweet Woods

The Tobacco Twist does indeed have a twist, and it's good! Leathery tobacco with very (very) subtle florals. Apricot? Yes, it's there and pulls the urinal (saffron/raspberry) leather back. Brill!

The Oud Malaki is standout different to me, and it's the inclusion of a rum scent which is a very brave step for an Islamic scent house. I notice they also make an EDT and an EDP in this fragrance. I rarely buy non-oil versions of these kind of scents, but this could be one.

^ Links straight to the products on eBay, so hopefully no hidden affiliate links to breech rules

Sparking Valet VC4:

AM-JKLWWWWH3ZKwN2sgAbxA7-fqlW-TN52PRsjUcy8Pl-eW3XhMrOcrtKoRLGbCU-8pCA1C9Si2sZsBPKxOSbMQoultA-EebuBwNh476tQW43vb-UdLmwix1Adp6TeMdSRm58ozZTy_NysjcqGxulJzQOH-lOw=s1304-no

Also ...

Al Aneeq Oud Malaki - Rum, Spice, Jasmine, Labdanum; Amber, Sandalwood, Cypriol, Vanilla; Tobacco, Oud, Animalic Notes
Al Aneeq Tobacco Twist - Neroli, Saffron, Lily of the Valley, Spicy Notes; Violet, Apricot, Coumarin, Amber, Cedar; Patchouli, Leather, Oud, Sweet Woods

The Tobacco Twist does indeed have a twist, and it's good! Leathery tobacco with very (very) subtle florals. Apricot? Yes, it's there and pulls the urinal (saffron/raspberry) leather back. Brill!

The Oud Malaki is standout different to me, and it's the inclusion of a rum scent which is a very brave step for an Islamic scent house. I notice they also make an EDT and an EDP in this fragrance. I rarely buy non-oil versions of these kind of scents, but this could be one.

^ Links straight to the products on eBay, so hopefully no hidden affiliate links to breech rules
Just a quick question - do you know if the oils need to be diluted before application? I know that essential oils do, as I'm currently trying to make my own beard oil(s).

Just a quick question - do you know if the oils need to be diluted before application? I know that essential oils do, as I'm currently trying to make my own beard oil(s).
These are perfume oils and designed for immediate application. No dilution necessary. They are VERY potent (just a dab will literally last the day and beyond) and so if you were to use them making up a beard oil, I'd most certainly be diluting ... a lot!

These are perfume oils and designed for immediate application. No dilution necessary. They are VERY potent (just a dab will literally last the day and beyond) and so if you were to use them making up a beard oil, I'd most certainly be diluting ... a lot!
Thanks for that. Didn't want to use them for beard oil as I've got plenty of essential oils, but I think I'll get a couple of small ones to try as scent.

Thanks for that. Didn't want to use them for beard oil as I've got plenty of essential oils, but I think I'll get a couple of small ones to try as scent.
Well you'll be lifting the lid on something you won't be able to close ... but well worth doing so.
Check out my mega-thread over on ATG: https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/attar-عطار.3521/

Two approaches:

Paddle in the shallow waters enjoying familiar scents. There are loads of tobacco scents available as oils for literally nowt. You seem like the kind of fellow that can wear a strong scent, so do consider that Oud Malaki from the links above. The inclusion of rum makes it a really interesting scent blend.

The other approach is to jump off the high board and belly flop into the world of eastern perfumery by starting out with a small handful of classic blends: Jannat/ul Firdous (the "scent of heaven"), Hajre Aswad (the "black stone" ... of Mecca) and Mukhallat Malaki ("fit for a Prince") are three really quite different scents and the epitomy of such perfumery. You'll find these available through all manner of brands, but stick to Surrati, Swiss Arabian and Al Haramain (and perhaps Al Rehab) initially as these are the bigger houses.

Have fun!

Why does the USPS group everything in on the same day for the wife to see ?!?!?!?!
Case for my Clark Silver King Razor. Cased Damaskeene Gem. Timeless Titanium Handle. Backup SE Blades. Green Treet razor which needs extensive cleaning on the head. And a trade for the Blue Treet with some goodies thrown in as extras (soap and blades) These 2 Treet bring me to 3 colors and still need to find a Black one which is what the Green was thought to be until it was received and cleaned up. Nice surprise !
IMG_20210913_203315616_HDR.jpgIMG_20210913_203333379_HDR.jpgIMG_20210913_203442358_HDR.jpgIMG_20210913_203416900_HDR.jpgIMG_20210913_203543489_HDR.jpgIMG_20210913_210540904_HDR.jpg

Why does the USPS group everything in on the same day for the wife to see ?!?!?!?!
Case for my Clark Silver King Razor. Cased Damaskeene Gem. Timeless Titanium Handle. Backup SE Blades. Green Treet razor which needs extensive cleaning on the head. And a trade for the Blue Treet with some goodies thrown in as extras (soap and blades) These 2 Treet bring me to 3 colors and still need to find a Black one which is what the Green was thought to be until it was received and cleaned up. Nice surprise !
View attachment 76818View attachment 76819View attachment 76820View attachment 76821View attachment 76822View attachment 76823

GEM Duridium! Good catch!

Look @TobyC ... Blue Treet

Back
Top Bottom