who's your team?

isaiah53 said:
jds said:
isaiah53 said:
The Mackem Shaver said:
isaiah53 said:
just wondering what football teams people support on here. im a hartlepool united supporter, who do you follow?

Sunderland and keep an eye out for Derby's results. I love the Poolies' fancy dress for the last day of the season. I'm a bit surprised at Hughes getting sacked he seemed to be doing a decent job. Is it just the club cutting back for life in League 2?

hughes getting sacked is more down to our owners being a strange bunch. i thought he was doing a decent job and was well liked by the majority (not all) of the supporters. his sacking was down to him not getting on with the chief executive and chairman, he tried to force their hand about signings via the press, and the owners took a very dim view of it.

I went to see Hartlepool a few years ago when Mike Newell was still managing them. Had a great day. Top club and I still keep an eye out for their results

:) how did you end up going to see a hartlepool match?

This may seem odd, but along with a group of friends we decided to go to Hartlepool for a long weekend. It is but one of a long list of random(ish) towns in the UK (and further afield) that we have visited over the last decade.

The full list is
Norwich
Hartlepool
Ludlow
Wrexham
Mevagissey
Yeovil
Land's End (I know, not a town, but we stayed in Penzance)
Darlington
Newry
Yvetot
Tadcaster
Rhyl
Lincoln
Newmarket
Taunton
Nantwich
Hay-on-Wye

As the eagle-eyed amongst you will have no doubt spotted, the first letter of a destination is the last letter of the previous destination, so there is a degree of logic attached. The random nature is that the destination is decided by a series of dice rolls over the course of the weekend.

So that's how I ended up in the hospitality suite at Victoria Park. Happy memories, only blighted by the Monkey Hangers scoring a last minute penalty which, if they had missed, would have landed a decent sized bet.

There it is

Jon

Dundee United for me too, had a season ticket with my son for the past 8 or 9 seasons. Don't really watch any English or Foreign TV footy, after that it's whoever plays against Celtic/Rangers.

I've adopted Rangers as a second team since their fall from grace as I strongly believe their punishment was extremely harsh. Third team is whoever is playing Hibs and fourth is whoever is playing Celtic. Can't stand either of the green meanies and am not over fond of Dundee either (I remember 1986 and Albert Kidd much too clearly). Have a soft spot for Dunfermline Athletic as I went to many of their matches as a lad simply because my good buddy had nobody else to go with.

Gairdner said:
I've adopted Rangers as a second team since their fall from grace as I strongly believe their punishment was extremely harsh. Third team is whoever is playing Hibs and fourth is whoever is playing Celtic. Can't stand either of the green meanies and am not over fond of Dundee either (I remember 1986 and Albert Kidd much too clearly). Have a soft spot for Dunfermline Athletic as I went to many of their matches as a lad simply because my good buddy had nobody else to go with.

1986? Not one to hold a grudge then Graeme. I bet even Albert Kidd has forgotten about his 2 goals.

daz said:
Aw naw, mair arabs wi sand in their pants!

The future's bright Daz, the future's tangerine.

Huddersfield Town. They broke my heart at Old Trafford, and stopped it at Wembley!

First team to finish top of the top division 3 years in a row......

Joined the RAF and had to worship from afar...........

I was born and raised in South Wales near Swansea but have lived for most of my adult life in Reading.

I'm a "Loyal Royal" through and through. I got this when we finally managed promotion to the Premiership the first time :

[attachment=8780]

Attachments

• tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom