who's your team?

Gairdner said:
I've adopted Rangers as a second team since their fall from grace as I strongly believe their punishment was extremely harsh.

What punishment? As far as I can see the only punishment they received was the 10 point deduction in the SPL. Everything else is a direct consequence of their lunatic (and apparently unchanged) fiscal policy.

Administration, liquidation, re-forming and reapplication to the SFL (where arguably they received favourable treatment in their admission despite not meeting the pesky financial rules regarding provision of 3 years audited account that would be applied to any other applicant like Cove Rangers or Spartans) are all consequences, not punishments.

There appears not to be much in the way of reformed behaviour if the songbook used at Berwick in the league last year is anything to go by but the SFA appear to have abrogated responsibility for that.

No, not a Celtic fan - nor of association football at all, but I do expect any sport to be "straight" and not corrupted for the benefit of one club.

Must admit if someone told me at the start of the season Arsenal would be top at this stage of the season I would have laughed (not complaining though!). Must admit I have always had a soft spot for Liverpool so good to see them doing well. Forgot to mention earlier that I always keep an eye out for Northampton Town's results as most of my family are from those parts (including Dad). They are really struggling this season though so its not pretty reading!! I think Northern Ireland is a bit strange in that most people support teams from a different country (England or Scotland), partly due to not having a full time league of our own.

Went to my first Newport County game on Saturday.

Lifelong Villa fan but I live in Newport and work in Essex so the extra driving between them and then up to Brum of a weekend is too tiring at my age now, plus since my Mum passed away earlier this year I don't have the family excuse to head back home to Brum now.

So as they were playing Southend I decided to head over there. Good game (County won 3-1) and both myself and the wife enjoyed it. Nice to spend Saturday afternoon at the game, I've missed it. So hopefully be attending a few more matches now.

Have to say it's quite pleasant getting away from the money and hype of the Premiership as well.

Griffo said:
Went to my first Newport County game on Saturday.

Lifelong Villa fan but I live in Newport and work in Essex so the extra driving between them and then up to Brum of a weekend is too tiring at my age now, plus since my Mum passed away earlier this year I don't have the family excuse to head back home to Brum now.

So as they were playing Southend I decided to head over there. Good game (County won 3-1) and both myself and the wife enjoyed it. Nice to spend Saturday afternoon at the game, I've missed it. So hopefully be attending a few more matches now.

Have to say it's quite pleasant getting away from the money and hype of the Premiership as well.
the prem is great only place to be however I enjoyed watching stoke in the lower leagues better

Can't beat away games to the likes of Bournemouth, millwall and Huddersfield in mid week

Been through the pain more than any fans in the past 2 years, lied to and cheated by our own fa, hounded by the tax man for money we did not owe. The team that is most British than any other team. Fighting our way back to the top Glasgow Rangers

Johnnie said:
Been through the pain more than any fans in the past 2 years, lied to and cheated by our own fa, hounded by the tax man for money we did not owe. The team that is most British than any other team. Fighting our way back to the top Glasgow Rangers

Well said. Mon the Gers!

NNathwani said:
Johnnie said:

Well said. Mon the Gers!

Thank you Nathwani, a crook was allowed to try and destroy us in 9 months, he was a bloody assets stripped. Never paid a penny of paye? Yet we the club get punished, transfer fees held back by the sfa who should have but failed to protect us. Called cheats, and the 7 way agreement was formed by the sfa, we sign it or lose or license. The deal included all monies we were owed went to them, all prize money divided amongst our enemy's, pay all footballing debts, and stripped of 5 titles and we could never discuss or appeal the agreement? Blackmail that's what it was, we got our license 24 hours before wast season kicked off, we agreed to all but the title stripping, we beat a years transfer embargo and the sfa had to pay our costs, but we had to agree to it and pay the sfa 's legal fees. Shafted all ways, but we are on our way back. As stated you will never get a more British team that Rangers. The support we have had is amazing, and we have a lot of friends south of the border.

NNathwani, Why Morton?

NNathwani, Rangers and Morton? Sorry don't get that. I am a lifelong bear, season ticket holder for 20 odd years. Only one team in Scotland and that's Rangers

Johnnie said:
NNathwani, Why Morton?

NNathwani, Rangers and Morton? Sorry don't get that. I am a lifelong bear, season ticket holder for 20 odd years. Only one team in Scotland and that's Rangers

Morton as I'm from Greenock and grew up going to quite a few games at Cappielow. You've always got to have a soft spot for your home team where you grew up. I'm a Bear through and through though and always will be.

Johnnie said:
Thank you Nathwani, a crook was allowed to try and destroy us in 9 months, he was a bloody assets stripped. Never paid a penny of paye? Yet we the club get punished, transfer fees held back by the sfa who should have but failed to protect us.

The club (or rather the operating company) has a duty to act within the law. The SFA do not have any privileges in accessing the tax affairs of any member club. You were shafted by David Murray who had run the show on an unsustainable basis for years leading to the effective fire sale by Lloyds Bank to Whyte (whom Rangers failed to do due diligence on)

Johnnie said:
Called cheats, and the 7 way agreement was formed by the sfa, we sign it or lose or license.

5 way (although two parties were Rangers Football Club) and it was a huge departure from the rulebook of the SFA, SPL and SFL. Since two parties were "Rangers" there must be and old and a new one. Which was borne out by the SFL not seeding "Rangers" in the League Cup last season or the SFA doing likewise in the Scottish Cup. Nor did you get put forward for the UEFA place. All points to a new club.

Johnnie said:
The deal included all monies we were owed went to them, all prize money divided amongst our enemy's, pay all footballing debts, and stripped of 5 titles and we could never discuss or appeal the agreement? Blackmail that's what it was, we got our license 24 hours before wast season kicked off, we agreed to all but the title stripping, we beat a years transfer embargo and the sfa had to pay our costs, but we had to agree to it and pay the sfa 's legal fees. Shafted all ways, but we are on our way back.

You lost no titles. Rangers (1872) still have 54. The successor club Rangers (2012) may win some in time but they are not the same club (or the 5 way agreement would only have had 4 parties not 5). Since it's a new club you're on your way "back" nowhere and losing money at £38,000 per day (source: last years accounts ignoring the £5 million of exceptional (additional loss) items in £19m turnover) the only place you appear to be headed is in to a new insolvency event.

Johnnie said:
As stated you will never get a more British team that Rangers. The support we have had is amazing, and we have a lot of friends south of the border.

Like Manchester? All those rioting "Chelsea" fans...
Like Berwick where sectarian singing was clearly audible on the TV and in the street outside the ground (I live nearby and have never seen so many cops around - even on derby day between Newcastle and Sunderland)

If you wish to persist with the same club argument pay the taxes outstanding on the (Murray era) EBT scheme, the (Murray era) DOS scheme and on the PAYE and VAT dodged under Whyte. Every man woman and child in the UK has lost out to the tune of £2 per head. I don't even like your bent football game.

Derry City went through a very similar sequence of events as Rangers (1872) : Administration, liquidation and reformation. UEFA and the FAI all treat them as what they are: a new club.

Back
Top Bottom