Weber DLC Review (Pic heavy!)

I'm genuinely interested Chris. The Webers are so expensive and i can see the quality is very high, but since the heads are so similar, i'd be a little cheesed off if the shaves were not disimilar after spending all that money. You know i'm a tight arse, lol

Voltstick said:
I'm genuinely interested Chris. The Webers are so expensive and i can see the quality is very high, but since the heads are so similar, i'd be a little cheesed off if the shaves were not disimilar after spending all that money. You know i'm a tight arse, lol

There not that expensive when comparing stainless steel razors!

The Weber doesn't seem expensive in comparison. I can't see a price as it's out of stock, but it's it it about 50 quid or so? That's not too bad surely.

Re: RE: Weber DLC Review (Pic heavy!)

Voltstick said:

Save yourself the money on a Weber and get a Feather AS-D1 instead. No issues with quality and a better shave.

I don't know that is correct though LTB. I'm sure I read that it wasn't the DLC there was a quality issue with, and I'm sure I read that not all Feather AS-D1s were equal, some were more aggressive than others.

I think you are right, it was the ARC that had reported issues, I have one of the batch with said issues.

As to Feathers, that's an interesting one which I am aware of, but not convinced about.

I have tried 2 feathers, a loaner and the one I now own. I found them both identical.
They can easily appear aggressive as they are very efficient, or they can appear mild as they feel like shaving with a Tech, its just the results are more like a slant.
I'm not aware of anyone that has compared 2 different Feathers and noticed a difference, I'd be interested to know if it has happened though. I think maybe different people have much different perceptions of the razor.

It's quite important that I say I've used neither and my information is just what I've chanced across in forums. I really don't know. I do think though Gladys, that I read someone say they had tried 2 feathers and seen a difference. I may be completely wrong.

Here's a thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/301084-Another-Feather-AS-D1-with-uneven-blade-exposure
Where someone reported something uneven. That perhaps may explain different experiences. Really don't know.

What is the case though is that both companies seem to sort any issues out. The feather is 3 times the cost, plus if I'm changing the head then a black head will go with anything rather than the feather head not quite matching the finish of anything I try.

I think that's pretty much the reasoning behind me going for the DLC first. Perhaps some time I'll do a swap with someone who has a feather to see what I like best. I think it's more likely though that I'll stick with the DLC or not like it and sell it. I think if I keep it then I won't want to try a Feather. I expect the price I pay in the states for it I'd be able to get my costs back in full selling it here when I got back home if I wasn't keen.

Here is the thread that I think I read about not quite right feathers.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/308014-I-shed-some-light-on-the-feather-AS-enigma

I'm not standing by this thread for accuracy, I'm just linking what I've read and I don't want to get into an argument over which brand is best.

Voltstick said:
How can those weber razors give a superior shave to Merkurs? The head of the weber is virtually identical to the Merkur classic head. I realise it has a different coating and handle, but i can't see it making that much difference.
The coating does make the difference and the weight of the handle. I don't think the head is totally identical to the Merkur. Angle feels different. But I do know the coating makes the difference.

i prefer shaving with my Bulldog DLC to my 34c HD, it might be the weight of the razor or the head might be slightly different, i havent bothered looking.

The DLC is the razor i pick up 9 out of 10 times, my others dont see much use now.

Saw a youtube video in which the user said the DLC had a little bit of drag compared to chrome versions anyway.

Just wondered if anyone has a Progress and the DLC to compare how they both perform? Aware of the adjustable nature of the Progress but curious all the same.

Back
Top Bottom