Weber DLC Review (Pic heavy!)

Bechet45 said:
You should/could be US Ambassador to UK, better yet - the UN! I reckon you could teach Kofi a thing or two!

Well schuckens Carl.....thanks for the nice words. Heh, Kofi is actually one of my own personal hot buttons, for reasons I won't go into here in this thread. How bout the next time he gets a job, his pay is based on performance. The guy would starve to death, in a very dignified and noble seeming way.

That guy.............sheesh.

Still listed as out of stock on the website, which is very frustrating a I have asked SWMBO for one for chrimbo. If they are not back in stock in time I'll have to look for a razor in the same price range. Any suggestions?

I'm rather fancying a heavily-engineered stainless steel razor. Don't know of anything else that matches the rather reasonable price of the Weber. I'm still going to try and get one when they are eventually released, but I'm quite relaxed about the prospect of not getting one.
Other potentials are the Feather AS-D1 and possibly the Ikon OSS... theres something about the assymetric head that suddenly seems to make a lot of sense... OC and CC for different bits of the face and neck. Also still waiting to hear some encouraging reviews regarding the Titan razor. These are all more expensive than the Weber, but I'm in the middle of some extensive ebaying and gumtree-ing activity at the moment, which will more than cover it.

You can always get a Weber bulldog handle and stick it on a DE 89 head. That's what I've done and it's a very fanciable razor indeed.

Weber tell me they should have stock for sale in int he next two weeks. Apparently you can follow them on something called Twitter, but I believe that medium is for plebs.

They may have a Faecesbook account as well, or a mailing list to subscribe to.
Judging by email inbox I must have subscribed to a lot of pen1s enlargement sites. Well, you can't lose hope, can you?

when i was looking to buy a DLC i just checked their site each morning, they have a twatter feed on the page which they update when they are in stock, so you dont have to go further into the site to check.

You get about a day before they will be out of stock again, so need to be quick.

If the ARC head's appear i might buy one to go with my DLC.

I would imagine both ARC and DLC to be available given Christmas is coming. The ARC does look impressive but remember hearing about QC issues with the last batch of ARC razors on here.

Weber main page states early to mid november so must be more the mid as we are early already.

geezer said:
I would imagine both ARC and DLC to be available given Christmas is coming. The ARC does look impressive but remember hearing about QC issues with the last batch of ARC razors on here.

Weber main page states early to mid november so must be more the mid as we are early already.

The DLC is available again

Mondoj said:
geezer said:

The DLC is available again

Bit late foe Christmas

I've got the polished one. I have to say that if I had to use this and no other razor from now on... I wouldn't be too upset. I've thought about getting the DLC now it's available... but I do prefer my razors to be shiny. Don't know if the DLC coating may be better. I suspect, as usual, that opinion would be divided. Maybe if the DLC coating is available in a few months time, or if it becomes re-available, I might consider it.

Mattyb... get yerself a nice shiny one!

I love my DLC because its different, but I know my UFO handles would love something different too. Think the polished would suit my U2....

Back
Top Bottom