Weber DLC Review (Pic heavy!)

This is getting boring! A Weber is the best razor going. Compare it to anything, and it comes out on top. It's that easy! What's not to understand?

My advice to all newbies - save yourself a fortune - buy a Weber as your first razor.

Bechet45 said:
This is getting boring! A Weber is the best razor going. Compare it to anything, and it comes out on top. It's that easy! What's not to understand?

My advice to all newbies - save yourself a fortune - buy a Weber as your first razor.

Yeah. I think Carl has pretty much nailed it.
Not long after I got into DE shavings the razor I wanted the most was a Mergress. I finally got one but the DLC out performs it every time. The Mergress is still an excellent razor but just not as consistent as the DLC.

Voltstick said:
I very much doubt you've tried every razor there is Bechet45, so you cant make that statement. If the thread bores you, stop reading it ;)

As I've already made the statement, it's more than a bit silly to tell me I can't do it. Stick to sucking your dummy, lad, rather than trying to pick a fight with me.

I have to say Bechet that is out of order. Opinion is one thing but this is a thread about the Weber razor and no one is trying to pick a fight with anyone. I asked about a comparison between two razors in case the response was aimed at me - not saying the Weber wasn't any good.

Voltstick, you are being belligerent for no reason. I think it's called trolling. And yes, Bechet has tried pretty much every razor out there. I've asked his advice on many razors I bought, tried out or was thinking of buying... because he has them. He was making a plain statement of his experience.

I have 100 DEs, SEs and 60 or so straights. For DEs, Weber is the best and for the best price. Yes, I've tried Tradere and all the Gillettes from 1907 on and Weber is a smooth easy shaver compared to anything out there, including the Cobra Classic single edge.

It is in everybody's interest to step back a pace or two. It's both ridiculous and absolutely correct to for Becket to say go to the DLC. While he may be absolutely correct it's of course expected for him to ruffle a few feathers with an absolute statement on something so clearly subject to opinion. On the other hand who doesn't seem to be saying that the DLC is the right way.

Chuff me, what's all this then? I allus miss tasty bits...G-G-G-Granville! Fetch the spade and dig a trench or Mrs Fe-Fe-Fe-Fe-Fa-Fo-Fe...the black widow will be 'aving at th-them with b-b-brolly an' handb-bag...an' I don't want me oxo tin getting 'it!

I'm not being belligerent at all and i'm certainly no troll. I do resent that statement. Let me point out that i wasn't the one that hurled abuse. When i made my comment about not reading the thread anymore because it's boring i made sure i put a winking smiley on the end.
I will step back because i didn't come here to cause trouble.

Hiya,

Ok, here's the deal as I see things. Maybe it'll be enough to end any controversy, even the self created kind like we got here.

It's pretty obvious the Weber head isn't the same as any Merker one. All you gotta do is read the many Weber related threads, and all the comments and reviews. As other members have said, the Weber head seems to be unusually well thought out performance wise, and that to me seems to be why it's so popular for so very many people.

Now there's always a few members who like to be the straw that stirs the drink. Personally, I think they're what helps makes things interesting in a forum. The smart move is often NOT rising to the bait presented,

You get what I'm saying here? Defend your point of views, but don't take it as a personal attack.

Martin

This is one of the very many reasons we love you so much, Martin - and why you are such an effective enabler. And a wonderful person. You should/could be US Ambassador to UK, better yet - the UN! I reckon you could teach Kofi a thing or two!

Bugger that, we'll have 'im for UK ambassador to the US! :icon_lol:

P.S. G-G-Granville, stop playing with t-t-teddies and get out on the sh-shop vee-hicle.

The road to Hell is paved with "winking smilies"... and the medium of t'interweb is notoriously lacking in the nuances of proper conversation... so the finer points of good-humouredness (I've just invented a word) and irony are often missed... I've fallen foul of it myself on far more aggressive forums than this one (this forum is like a Fatboy set on #1). So no harm done, I hope.

Anyway... what's going to happen when the latest batch of Weber DLCs is available on Amazon? Are they all going to be snapped up like Glastonbury tickets... or will there be enough for those of us who fancy one to indulge ourselves?

WiffWaff said:
The road to Hell is paved with "winking smilies"... and the medium of t'interweb is notoriously lacking in the nuances of proper conversation... so the finer points of good-humouredness (I've just invented a word) and irony are often missed... I've fallen foul of it myself on far more aggressive forums than this one (this forum is like a Fatboy set on #1). So no harm done, I hope.

Yeah, you're right about things being easily misinterpreted, especially when it comes to sarcasm or things of a facetious nature. God help a new member who takes what some of us type at face value......heh.

Still, it's usually not that tough to spot someone who wants to take things up a notch just for shock value. That's fine as long as it doesn't get taken seriously. Kinda like 'professional wrestling'.

Back
Top Bottom