TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with pics from the meet...

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August ...

Mikael said:
jon_hall said:
I think i may be buying something of sunburyboy...

He´s coming too, could be worth asking if he can bring some stuff ... I´m more and more going down the route with a street stand/table and then we can sell Peters, Sharons and Steves struff outside the big shops - if the coppers come, we can make a riot, since we´re so many :D

I'd have been up for that.

50 years ago!

Thank you Peter, for bringing this thread back on track! Well, you´ll only have to take care of your big sack of brushes, we´ll deal with the coppers :icon_razz:

how many would you want is the real question :D

I'll take half a dozen for definate, will mean i don't need to add any to my blade order from turkey. Think i'd better take two bags with me to London.

Got a return today for 18 quid from Liverpool to Watford so quite happy with that.

UPDATE!

I would love to meat some of you guys and maybe I can do that this summer!?

TSR sit down 6 of August 2011

Update:
- TSR sit down/walkabout
- 6 of August - 2 a clock at The Chequers pub (just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street)
- Shaving shopping tour (Canuck and the locals´re guides - maybe contact some of the shops in advance?)
- Shaving for those who want
- Pub (maybe book, if we get to be a lot of people)
- Davy pub (seems closed, need new suggestion) after the shaving shop walkabout.

Contender list:
Canuck
Mikael
Sunburyboy
al_kaholik
missingskin
Fido (you´re on this list, until you say maybe - bring brushes and a table and we´ll set up street brush stand )
Hax
NatJag (if no work)
Millay
Skin glider
Exile
Tardisbasher
Lesed
jon_hall

Wannabe (maybe) list:
N_Architect
Max
James_uk
Steve27752
Dipesh
Soapalchemist
PompeyBill
peg20

Update re meeting point:
Canuck said:
I had the Chequers pub in mind for a meeting point, it's just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street.

Who's being the local to coordinate things then? I was happy to but it seems we've got quite a few locals coming.

Excellent meeting point! :D That´s it, I decide so (since I started the thread):
2 a clock at The Chequers pub (just around the corner (literally) from Taylors of Old Bond Street).

I´m happy if you coordinate things from your end Canuk - meeting point´s sorted though, but where to go and in what order after that is also yours (if you want it), but if people want to volenteer and help, it´s an open case, even though Canuck has the final say, when it comes to that planing.

Any luck?:
I think that we maybe should contact some of the shops and ask if they can do something special for us (refeer them to this thread and forum, by all means). Any volonteers for that mission? (my English could scare them off!?)

We´re house swaping with a family in London and I can take an day/afternoon/evening to arrange something. If not to many we could use "our" back yard or we could take a walk down the high street and do some shaving shoping and then drop by a pub. OR something completely different - tell me what you want to do! :D

My dates: 29 of July to 12 of August (we´re there until the 14 of August, but I don´t want to arrange something to close to when we go home). If in our house I can do some kind of straight shaving work shop (maybe with some help from more knowledgeable persons than me) and maybe someone else can do brushes and DE:s ...

"Our" house is located in Ealing, London.

Red Lion - Duke of York Street SW1Y 6JP

Hope you will include a visit to the Red Lion on your trip - right next door to Trumpers. Beautiful interior and plenty of ales.

This is a photo I took last summer.

Attachments

• Geo F Trumpers Large.jpg
    Geo F Trumpers Large.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 19

I've been quiet on this but I have been working behind the scenes... I have done maps with all the locations on it and a list of all the shaving shops and pubs, so you can guide yourself around the area if you choose to.

Can I just remind gents that if they would like a barber's shave on the day it needs to be booked by about now so don't hang about.

I found an Italian barber opposite TOBS by the name of Carlo Anichini who does a straight shave with Proraso products for £10. (A quarter of the cost at T+H!)
If you want to book him be advised that he works on his own of a Saturday so he said to get booking soon as his appointment ledger soon fills up.
http://www.piccadilly-arcade.com/health-beauty/carlo-anichini

Woo hooo! How good of you!! Big Cheers!!!

I´m so looking forward to this and now it´s rather close ... Oboj, oboj... almost a little tempted to book, but I couldn´t find an e-mail and I allways feel I could have done better myself, but it´s a fine feeling letting somenone else doing all the work :D

Canuck said:
I've been quiet on this but I have been working behind the scenes... I have done maps with all the locations on it and a list of all the shaving shops and pubs, so you can guide yourself around the area if you choose to.

Can I just remind gents that if they would like a barber's shave on the day it needs to be booked by about now so don't hang about.

I found an Italian barber opposite TOBS by the name of Carlo Anichini who does a straight shave with Proraso products for £10. (A quarter of the cost at T+H!)
If you want to book him be advised that he works on his own of a Saturday so he said to get booking soon as his appointment ledger soon fills up.
http://www.piccadilly-arcade.com/health-beauty/carlo-anichini

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August - w rare razor sale too ...

To make things more interesting I´ll be holding a small razor sale, if that´s ok with you guys, something that only can be bought on place ... There´ll be prices but haggling´ll also be allowed, no auction like sales though. Canuck will have a first pick, for one razor, since he has done a lot of work preparing this event.

I´m not sure about the pricing yet (you´re welcome to help figureing that out though, in this post, a fair TSR price ...) - one very rare Fasan slant (the only ones I´ve seen has been with some bakelite or plastic parts, this one looks NOS and is in full metal) and a British Flare Tip Rocket in very good condition:
004754x800.jpg

007800x503.jpg

DetaljDE716x800.jpg

Fasan800x537.jpg

010800x600.jpg

No crack in handle:
030800x551.jpg

Straights: two are total Neil Miller restores, but all are shave ready and in very good nick.
With ivory scales (not original scales though):
014800x589.jpg

002800x602.jpg

My favorite of the three:
046800x617.jpg

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with rare razor sale too ...

Some lovely looking razors their Mikael - I look forward to seeing the street fight breaking out over them :D

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with rare razor sale too ...

Aw, thank you Mikael but I'm far too much of a gentleman to take first pick. :angel:

I'm not a dedicated a collector of vintage razors like some members are. Some of these would be wasted on me, I don't know nearly enough to be as discerning as some of the guys.
You can offer them out to any members and I'd be happy just to have a look at them and learn something. Besides which it will be fun to watch the bartering.

Back
Top Bottom